Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 555959899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1058

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Correct - if we include this season. But that’s still 2x in the last 4. Doesn’t feel right or fair to omit that so called “title defence” when we were supposedly at our zenith.
    I think Roy Keane called it the "worst defence ever" because we finished 17 points behind Man City, when we were defending champions.

Roy failed to recall that in our title-winning season, defending champions Man City ended up finishing 18 points behind Liverpool.

Didn’t our ability to “find diamonds in the rough” coincide to great effect with a certain mr incredible in the hot seat.

Let’s see what kind of a tune Slot can get out of Endo and szobozlai next season.

I am hopeful but not expectant
    I guess we're going to find out...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I guess we're going to find out...
    If he brings anything close to his Feyenoord record with him we will be in a pretty decent spot.

146 matches - 94 times and 23 losses - scoring 329 and conceded 147 - really good.

There's a quality jump in England of course, so time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think Roy Keane called it the "worst defence ever" because we finished 17 points behind Man City, when we were defending champions.

Roy failed to recall that in our title-winning season, defending champions Man City ended up finishing 18 points behind Liverpool.
    Playing with Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips, Henderson and Fabinho at CB for a large portion of that season certainly played its part...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

I have to laugh at Roy Keane hes so frustrated all he can do is attack. there is nothing he can do to make Man-united good again and he failed as a manager. all he can do is sit on the sidelines and poke sticks
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post

It’s a good point - he clearly had’’t done his research on points gaps BUT Slight caveat is we did take 99 points to be 18 ahead and the following season 30 point drop off to 69.

Massive swing / if you’ll excuse the innuendo

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I have to laugh at Roy Keane hes so frustrated all he can do is attack. there is nothing he can do to make Man-united good again and he failed as a manager. all he can do is sit on the sidelines and poke sticks
    He just plays a part now. He's the pantomime villain,always has an agenda for somebody or something. Like Carra and Nevilles sports version of Ant and Dec he's become stale and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Terrible news for 19

, external
    Arsenal are chasing Athletic Bilbao and Spain winger Nico Williams, 21, who has a 50m euros (£42.2m) release clause. (Football London)
    Terrible news for us if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Terrible news for us if it happens
    Isnt he on £200K a week where he is, thats a lot of money a week for a potentially good player…and I am not sure he is anywhere close to that just yet…

Have to say the lad from Georgia on the left wing, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is some player… I think I have read somewhere that we have been linked with him along with PSG, not that we will ever be able to compete with PSG on the money front, but he would be a great buy methinks… we can dream can’t we… lol !!

How many players do we actually need, I think we need long term replacements for Virg, Robbo, Endo and Salah if not this season definitely next season.

It will be interesting to see how AS views the current squad, and who he thinks he can and wants to get a tune out of and those he sees as expendable…either by Sales or loans…

It’s a good point - he clearly had’’t done his research on points gaps BUT Slight caveat is we did take 99 points to be 18 ahead and the following season 30 point drop off to 69.

Massive swing / if you’ll excuse the innuendo
    Yeah the 99-to-69 drop-off was really, really disappointing.