Page 36 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2629303132333435363738394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: Euros 2024 thread / match talk

Yep offside

Havertz denied by a great save by Schmeichel

Nice break there by ze Germanz. Wirtz does well but then chooses wrong ball to Havertz instead of Can

Don’t want 3:0 - wouldn’t be fair

FT Denmark BUMMED!

I wonder what stupid line up Mr Safety Dance will pick this time

I can’t get behind any side with Pickford in it anyway to be honest - Had the officials admitted they fkd up on his assault on Virgil & had The FA not done it’s customary double down manoeuvre backing them when they were so drastically wrong and Prickford had at least been the recipient of satisfactory punishment, maybe

Not with dull as ditchwater Southgate at the wheel, his entire tenure has been a criminal waste of a great many players abilities & a missed opportunity to pick a formation that suits the players best abilities in combination & to work on all aspects of that continually improving it over the time spent in charge to develop clear patterns of play & movement & a really strong press & counter press & a distinct style of play - He has failed in all of this

Then I still can’t get behind them as they’re part of the football establishment that treats our players & club absolutely appallingly, as does the national team

I dont understand why Southgate is making a right pigs breakfast of his team selection and tactics, for me this squad speaks for itself…

In defence : Pickford, Stones and Guehi need to remain as set in stone subject to injury… Left back and Right back can be tweeked to suit either the fitness / forward line / opposition played.

In midfield : Rice, Bellingham as a double pivot with Foden ahead of them centrally, like the defence this set up needs to remain in stone, and like the back four, the wide forwards and centre forward can be tweeked as and when required.

However, if Foden is struggling move Bellingham forward and bring on Mainoo, If Saka is struggling bring on Palmer, like wise if Kane is struggling bring on Watkins / Toney, if Gordon is struggling bring on Eze etc, if Rice or Bellingham is struggling bring on Mainoo..

A settled spine imho with players in their best position, and make flexible creative tactical changes as and when required..

If Trent plays, he needs a forward line combination of either Watkin, Gordon, Saka, Palmer and Eze and maybe Toney… to feed killer balls too…Kane and Trent is just not a good combo in my eyes… the movement and pace is just too slow and predictable..

Hey ho wtf do I know… ����

Can’t be as bad as the Italians were last night. Just watched some more of that again today, and it gets worse with every look.

Literally no energy or passion added to absolutely zero ideas at all. Recipe for disaster. A better side smashes them out of sight on that showing.

Losing 2:0 totally flattered them

Aye it was a very surprising performance. I wonder if they were caught by surprise by Switzerland? They are a decent side and they just couldn't get to grips with them.

England should win this easily. So a 2-1 win for Slovakia.

Good to see the English referees doing so well at this tournament.
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-michael-oliver-ruining-football-predictable-unfounded-pile-on-premier-league-refs-euro-2024
    Last edited by redebreck; 30th June 2024 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Add link