Page 733 of 738 FirstFirst ... 233633683723726727728729730731732733734735736737738 LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,330 of 7372

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    🚨(&#127765 |
    @LukeEdwardsTele
    :

Anthony Gordon's head is a mess right now as he thought he had the chance to join Liverpool, his boyhood club.👀⏳
    Probably gets his wish soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Good to see he's going to be given a chance...
    I think he has every chance of doing a good job for us and am quietly confident that he'll do so.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    🚨(&#127765 |
    @LukeEdwardsTele
    :

Anthony Gordon's head is a mess right now as he thought he had the chance to join Liverpool, his boyhood club.👀⏳
    Well eitherway gordon only comes if we sell Diaz first
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I think he has every chance of doing a good job for us and am quietly confident that he'll do so.
    I like the boy and wont mind if he comes. he has that belief/arrogance you want but has the pace and skill needed. He will give everything for his boyhood club and that is not a bad match especially if the lad can play.

Diaz works very hard, he is mystery player but my God can't finish. I'm not saying Gordon is a finisher but Diaz and Nunez have underwhelmed me, maybe it is the Mane/Salah output that spoilt me but those 2 aren't prolific and I still feel had they finished a few chances we had a dream season last season.

So i'd take Gordon cause he is fast, cheecky, tricky, scouse, English (quota requirement), and I don't think you can do much worse than what we have right now as attakcers (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez)

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I like the boy and wont mind if he comes. he has that belief/arrogance you want but has the pace and skill needed. He will give everything for his boyhood club and that is not a bad match especially if the lad can play.

Diaz works very hard, he is mystery player but my God can't finish. I'm not saying Gordon is a finisher but Diaz and Nunez have underwhelmed me, maybe it is the Mane/Salah output that spoilt me but those 2 aren't prolific and I still feel had they finished a few chances we had a dream season last season.

So i'd take Gordon cause he is fast, cheecky, tricky, scouse, English (quota requirement), and I don't think you can do much worse than what we have right now as attakcers (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez)
    I was referring to Slot - but I do also think that Gordon could be very good for us.

He isn't one of the very first players I'd want to acquire if it was up to me and I had the funds, but he does tick a lot of suitable boxes and I can certainly see him doing well at LFC.

I was referring to Slot - but I do also think that Gordon could be very good for us.

He isn't one of the very first players I'd want to acquire if it was up to me and I had the funds, but he does tick a lot of suitable boxes and I can certainly see him doing well at LFC.
    Think he'd work better with Nunez tbf than diaz, I don't think the forward line is very "balanced" not like the old front 3 it's not fluent at all really
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

FSG could probably have an influence on what he achieves/doesn't achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Think he'd work better with Nunez tbf than diaz, I don't think the forward line is very "balanced" not like the old front 3 it's not fluent at all really
    I hear that Kev - the symbiosis/cohesion/chemistry is not yet there with them as a collective - Núñez and Salah show signs of clicking at times but as a trident it's not Firmino/Mane/Salah.

Diaz also tends to like to cut in and often ends up occupying the left-sided half-space heading diagonally across the pitch, while Núñez (who was electric for Benfica driving forward in the left-sided half-space) is occupying a similar area but with different pace/direction - as a result so much of our action on the left side comes from one general area and can be cut out, whilst Núñez and Diaz can almost get in each other's way.

Still feels like 3 really good individuals rather than a 3-piece team unit.

Gordon and Núñez could be great fun on counters - and if Salah's (eventual!) replacement was quick too (and Núñez/Gordon/both were present at the club) then we'd scare plenty of sides if they gave the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    FSG could probably have an influence on what he achieves/doesn't achieve.
    Absolutely - and better backing than Klopp got will be needed just to keep us in the top 4 imo. Massive step up in competitiveness and a much much MUCH bigger club.

But I do like what I have heard from Slot’s mouth - despite their being the definite whiff of ‘yes man’ in the ether.

Obviously I am not basing that on much more than the nature of how he was picked and the total blackout/silence for so long.

Very much hopeful rather than expectant. As with Rodgers rather than with Klopp.

"Slot has been in daily contact with Richard Hughes, as Liverpool adjust to a new off-field structure. With input from Michael Edwards, it will be a collaborative approach to transfers, with data heavily influencing who is pursued and at what price." - @JamesPearceLFC

No surprises there, structure as expected.