Page 735 of 738 FirstFirst ... 235635685725728729730731732733734735736737738 LastLast
Results 7,341 to 7,350 of 7376

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

He offers nothing going forward though. he can defend but thats about it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don't think we have the legs in midfield to cover Trent and Robbo bombing forward any more so might need Gomez to play more at full back to make a back 3 when one of the attacking full backs go forward

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    I don't think we have the legs in midfield to cover Trent and Robbo bombing forward any more so might need Gomez to play more at full back to make a back 3 when one of the attacking full backs go forward
    Or a prime Bobby to do the work of 3 men...

Or a relentless pressing and attacking machine like Sadio Mane

Or a prime and absolutely lethal Mo Salah.

Mo’s first season … WOW

We need to adapt.

You're never going to be able to replace players like for like and play the same way all of the time.

With someone like MacAllister in midfield we have a bit more guile from that part of the park. And hopefully he'll stay fitter than Thiago.

It will be really interesting how Slot changes things.

There is still A LOT of quality in the squad. We still have the best keeper in the world. VVD was back to a very high level, Mac grew into the season and Robbo and Trent (and now Bradley) still are phenomanal fullbacks.

But as Steveo has mentioned, the front 3 aren't quite there. They're not bad, I mean we scoreded a lot of goals last season but all of the 5 that play there have their faults.

Mo's form has fallen off a cliff but you just hope that it's a blip.
    Nunez is well Nunez.
    Jota is never fit
    Diaz's end product isn't anywhere near what we need.
    Gakpo is probably not quie at the level we require as a regular.

Personally, this is where I would spend the money this season rather than a LB and/or CB.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Yep... Remembering this. Teams were scared witless. How could you not be. Devastating Trio born out of that fab 4.

The supporting cast could be shuffled around as you like.. The arsenal we had at the head of the spear... was what did the damage. Instilled the fear in opponents.. Arsenal, Chelsea and United fans all around me were bricking it every time we played them. Once the rear guard was sorted using the Coutinho funds...they propelled us into the big league.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd July 2024 at 02:13 PM.

) |
    @davidlynchlfc
    speaking to
    @AnfieldIndex
    on recent rumours to Wolves fullback, Ait Nouri:

"He's been linked so frequently recently and Liverpool have a great relationship with his agency, so I think there's definitely something in that" 👀⏳

I wouldn't mind that Hungarian lad Kerkez as an understudy to Robbo! He did alright at Bournemouth!

Anthony Gordon? It’s be a repeat of Kenny signing Doening when there was much better available

I know you want Williams but no way he would settle at Anfield, he’d be agitating for a move back to Real or Barca within a year