Page 736 of 738 FirstFirst ... 236636686726729730731732733734735736737738 LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,360 of 7376

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I know you want Williams but no way he would settle at Anfield, he’d be agitating for a move back to Real or Barca within a year
    Shame though Williams is what we need. Gordon is where we are though in reality. That's the bitter pill

Sadio Mane is at United don't forget - but for Jurgen Klopp. Perish the thought.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd July 2024 at 05:17 PM.

One of the guys in the Anfield wrap was talking about the Gordon situation, there's a few journos from Newcastle basically making out this is all on Liverpool for having his head a mess when in fact it's bullshit. Newcastle came knocking but once this type of narrative starts it's inevitable he's coming to Liverpool. He'll end up forcing it.
    I never actually realised his stats are much better than Diaz's. More assists,more goals.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    ) |
    @davidlynchlfc
    speaking to
    @AnfieldIndex
    on recent rumours to Wolves fullback, Ait Nouri:

"He's been linked so frequently recently and Liverpool have a great relationship with his agency, so I think there's definitely something in that" 👀⏳
    Be great if so. Easy to make a song for him using Jimmy Nails "Ain't no doubt". Absolute Bernhard Langer of a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Shame though Williams is what we need. Gordon is where we are though in reality. That's the bitter pill

Sadio Mane is at United don't forget - but for Jurgen Klopp. Perish the thought.
    For me this will be the main difference / downgrade between Slot and Klopp. Though we really don't know what Slot is like, for all we know he might be an absolute charmer.

And the other thing is that we're in a far healthier position as a club. We're a far more attractive proposition than we were 10 years ago.

I don't think many would choose United over us if everything was equal (wages/promises/playing time etc).
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Newcastle are - order of magnitude - better off than they were too. Arsenal finally looking well placed to take a title. United are now probably far better placed to trump us to signings too. Post Klopp we look to most like a somewhat smaller version of United ...post Fergie. High risk, fans expectant despite the landscape shifting.

Losing Klopp is huge. Just as huge as bagging him was.

When people say we are in a healthier position as a club - I really am not so sure. In 9 years we won 1 major title more than we did in the 9 year before that. Great achievement and so close to much more but those are the facts. That's despite having the best manager on the planet in situ.. That screams of a club lacking ambition.

Our upgrades on infrastructure smack of small time - Spurs massively smashing us out of the park on that front.. on top of being London based. Even Leicester City have FFS. The BS too will start to look more like a rival once that stadium on the waterfront is built.

No - FSG will be exposed. It is only a matter of a short time now. You can sense the desperation in the wake of Klopp's premature departure.

I just hope it's just my usual anti FSG bias talking.
    Last edited by Steveo; 2nd July 2024 at 06:12 PM.

Nico Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Nico Williams
    We're not signing him. Get used to it.
    Ah Lolz

To be fair - we should be asking WHY? Why aren’t we even going to try?

Do we have to know our place?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    To be fair - we should be asking WHY? Why aren’t we even going to try?

Do we have to know our place?
    I'm only jesting like but I just don't see us going for him.
    I agree with what Miller said too, doubt he'd be staying in Englesi long if he did move here.

Yeah, signing him is one thing, keeping him and keeping him happy is another.