Page 737 of 738 FirstFirst ... 237637687727730731732733734735736737738 LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 7379

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

We should be going for a player like Nico Williams, his fee is low for his level of ability, we’d have to make up for that in wages but it would be worth it we’ve paid a few way too much we may as well pay it for a lad that’s worth it

His fee is most likely lower than Mane or Mo’s if you factor in inflation of the market since we bought those 2

There isn’t any good reason not to go for him

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Yeah, signing him is one thing, keeping him and keeping him happy is another.
    Real are signing MBappe & have Vinicius Jnr who also plays his position I don’t see them coming in for him anytime soon

If we sell Diaz to Barca they’re not going to be looking at trying to sign him for 3 or 4 seasons either & likely wouldn’t be able to afford him after that

Diaz was supposed to be Mane’s replacement & he’s nowhere close to being that

Promise you, if he comes, he won’t stay.

Like Alonso? Mascherano? Suarez? Coutinho?

Would we have done well to not go for them?

Club needs to grow a pair of balls - buck the Liverpool city trend of accepting decline and mediocrity and reach for the stars. Believe. That’s what Jurgen brought,

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We should be going for a player like Nico Williams, his fee is low for his level of ability, we’d have to make up for that in wages but it would be worth it we’ve paid a few way too much we may as well pay it for a lad that’s worth it

His fee is most likely lower than Mane or Mo’s if you factor in inflation of the market since we bought those 2

Try telling that to FSG.
    I've come around to the belief that FSG don't have any ambition for the club - we're nothing more than a money-making machine for them.

Yeah there is, FSG

don't be stupid
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Exactly if he stays 3 seasons & does the business in the time we have him I’m happy, FSG will be delighted as they’ll be getting a whopping fee for him

his fee is low for his level of ability, we’d have to make up for that in wages but it would be worth it we’ve paid a few way too much we may as well pay it for a lad that’s worth it
    See what you're saying, but will depend on the disparity towards what other lads were getting when they first arrived.

If he came in and is immediately on something close to what the likes of Van Dijk is on without having "earned it" in the Red shirt of LFC, we could have plenty of players suddenly looking a wage increase - causing difficulties for ourselves later on in terms of financial sustainability rules etc

Tricky to nail what the "right" wage would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

I know what you mean but none of those players were already where Williams is in the game.

Coutinho was a kid and needed to build a career, Suarez was in Holland and Mascherano was at WHAM.

Williams also seems to be a bit of a different character than the above and will expect Salah wages from the off.

Not saying we shouldn’t go for up and coming Latin talent but we know where they want to end up and Williams thinks that should be his next move by all accounts.

Look at Diaz, hasn’t exactly set the Prem on fire but he’s desperate to get to Barca. Let him go I say.

If we had a choice between Gordon and Williams, although Williams appears the better prospect (albeit from performances in and for Spain) I would go for Gordon.

Just my opinion.