Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

This Friday’s press conference is certainly going to be a massive day for Mr Slot, with all the Worlds press and media putting him under a level of scrutiny, nothing like he has ever experienced before. It is going to be very interesting to see how he actually handles himself, fingers crossed he has a really good one doesn’t drop any clangers. However, heaven forbid he does, drop a clanger because oh my days the barrage of negative critique by supporters and media alike that will come his way will truly know no bounds.��

When everybody said he has a tough act to follow, they were not kidding and the reality of that will come into clear focus soon enough…

Good Luck Arne, boy are you going to need it…

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    not slot is the problem, it's FSG, slot has everything against him before he's even got going, trying to match Klopp who was one in a billion...... trying to keep up with others and stay ahead of other clubs around us on a budget that's at least half.

Only chance is if we spend some money this summer, otherwise forget it, only way is down the table.

If chelsea sign isak and he stays fit, they could come easily above us next season, if we sit on are hands... like usual..... before you know it, from title challengers to trying to get top 4......

Oh yeah this is also with a aging salah and VVD, the 2 best players we've had for a long time.

wanna challenge? LB CB LW and a midfielder needed.... and that's being kind i'd rather have isak over nunez.. that's what we lack compared to arsenal n city
    Nailed…. We are all wishing Slot the best. Hoping he can do what looks an extremely difficult ask.

Seems alike a very good ‘coach’ and a very decent nice fella - but woefully under equipped to reach the benchmark set by miracle worker Klopp.

This is the point. Without going further than Arsenal and their ilk in the market - being far bolder - we risk falling much further behind.

I think Edwards is going to get exposed in due course. I hope to god those who waxed lyrical about his genius are proved right but I am hugely sceptical.

To get even close to what Klopp delivered imo - will take significantly more passionate owners. That was the Brian Clough appointment at Forrest

Got me thinking the, “best thing to happen to the club in a long time,” comment Steveo.

We’ve had some incredible players come and go, Suarez, Torres, Mo, Sadio .. etc quite a list and they’ve all had a big affect on the pitch.
    Biggest affect of the lot, Gerrard obviously, without him do we win anything during his time?
    Questionable.
    But as huge as the positive affect Stevie Gerrard had on our club, Klopp’s was bigger as he lifted the entire club from top to bottom and won us every single trophy in his time and should have won more had he not been cheated out of it by Pep and the fraudsters.

So with that in mind, I’m saying Klopp in the best thing to happen to LFC since the summer of ‘77.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    @ Jozza..

Should he be like most minions then? Not speak his mind even tho it's supposed to be a forum?

Say that he thinks 'A' when he doesn't? Or simply shut up unless he can say - 'YAY we are in the best position possible.' Hooray.. (in loudest Peppa Pig voice) "We are the best thing EVA - I am over the moon with Arne Slot." best man for the job George.

I am certain that we are ALL feeling underwhelmed regardless of all the heroic guff.

I think it's natural to be lamenting the loss of the best thing that has happened to the club in decades.

I know there are plenty who STILL - despite all the evidence - cannot see where the long term effect of these owners will lead... I understand that the Klopp magic has managed to massively change fortunes and mask the reality...BUT still...you'd have to be a sandwich short of a picnic not to see the 'Big Picture'..
    Well said Steveo. I’m still enjoying my freedoms before yet another globalist WEF member Satanist Starmer gets in. It’s just Opinion. Will see how it plays out, within the next 12 months. Who stays, Who goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Giving up before we've even kicked a ball.

For all we know Slot might be brilliant, but a lot have already made their mind up. The sly digs haven't gone unoticed.
    Sorry, but who is giving up exactly? People are expressing their concern at what appears to be a 3rd choice appointment and you want to shut it down. Nobody has it in for Arne, just concern that under these owners the man will be out of his depth. Is that ok with you?

Have a word with yourself. As for the "sly digs" commentary - what in the living fuck are you on about.? The only thing that looks "Sly" is your attempts to ingratiate yourself in some way to the powers that be.

Yuck

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    This Friday’s press conference is certainly going to be a massive day for Mr Slot, with all the Worlds press and media putting him under a level of scrutiny, nothing like he has ever experienced before. It is going to be very interesting to see how he actually handles himself, fingers crossed he has a really good one doesn’t drop any clangers. However, heaven forbid he does, drop a clanger because oh my days the barrage of negative critique by supporters and media alike that will come his way will truly know no bounds.��

When everybody said he has a tough act to follow, they were not kidding and the reality of that will come into clear focus soon enough…

Good Luck Arne, boy are you going to need it…
    As long as he performs better than Joe Biden did in his recent TV appearance Slot should be sound as a pound.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Got me thinking the, “best thing to happen to the club in a long time,” comment Steveo.

We’ve had some incredible players come and go, Suarez, Torres, Mo, Sadio .. etc quite a list and they’ve all had a big affect on the pitch.
    Biggest affect of the lot, Gerrard obviously, without him do we win anything during his time?
    Questionable.
    But as huge as the positive affect Stevie Gerrard had on our club, Klopp’s was bigger as he lifted the entire club from top to bottom and won us every single trophy in his time and should have won more had he not been cheated out of it by Pep and the fraudsters.

So with that in mind, I’m saying Klopp in the best thing to happen to LFC since the summer of ‘77.
    Yep - bang on it to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    As long as he performs better than Joe Biden did in his recent TV appearance Slot should be sound as a pound.
    have you seen the value of the pound recently?

Slot's belated press conference went very well imo. Let's hope it's a Battle of the Baldy's next season.

Have to respect Arne for having the balls to take the reins after a giant like Jurgen. I would find it hard not to walk past and knee a few of those Journo's in the cajones for asking him some of the most ridiculous questions possible.

He certainly handled them infinitely better than I ever could.

Last edited by Steveo; 5th July 2024 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Slot's belated press conference went very well imo. Let's hope it's a Battle of the Baldy's next season.

Have to respect Arne for having the balls to take the reins after a giant like Jurgen. I would find it hard not to walk past and knee a few of those Journo's in the cajones for asking him some of the most ridiculous questions possible.

He certainly handled them infinitely better than I ever could.

He seems articulate and relaxed. I thought he seemed really nervous that first day when he had to pose for photos and all that stuff. But now he seems ready to go.