Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Slot's belated press conference went very well imo. Let's hope it's a Battle of the Baldy's next season.

Have to respect Arne for having the balls to take the reins after a giant like Jurgen. I would find it hard not to walk past and knee a few of those Journo's in the cajones for asking him some of the most ridiculous questions possible.

He certainly handled them infinitely better than I ever could.

FFS, He missed a trick when answering about getting the City.
    He should've told him he's been getting to know the famous nightlife and enjoying the Sunday afternoon Karaoke in Coopers, and not to mention his nights in Popworld 🤣🤣

Think like most of the players nowadays, they're well coached to face the media and pretty guarded with their answers.

It does make me feel old, that both he and Hughes are only only a year older then myself, and the same age as Gerrard.

I honestly dont know what to make of him at this point but I am enthused about the prospect of playing in the same positive manner. This fact was pointed out on a few occasions.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Think like most of the players nowadays, they're well coached to face the media and pretty guarded with their answers.

It does make me feel old, that both he and Hughes are only only a year older then myself, and the same age as Gerrard.

I honestly dont know what to make of him at this point but I am enthused about the prospect of playing in the same positive manner. This fact was pointed out on a few occasions.
    I'd like to think like with Jurgen, we'll always be on the front foot attacking. Which can't be a bad thing.
    I'm quietly confident he'll be a great fit for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Slot's belated press conference went very well imo. Let's hope it's a Battle of the Baldy's next season.
    @Steveo - The dispareging use of the term 'bald/y' in any mention of Slot was the reason for the 'Sly remarks' comment. However, I can see from this post that I have obviously mistaken your meaning/intentions and for that I apologise.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd like to think like with Jurgen, we'll always be on the front foot attacking. Which can't be a bad thing.
    I'm quietly confident he'll be a great fit for us.
    For a start we certainly dont have the right balance of players to play defensively. I dont think we'll be quite as direct but as long as we're always looking to win rather than not get beaten.