Page 111 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1161101104105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1127

Thread: General Transfer Thread Summer 2023

I think Jurgen would have pushed the 07-09 side to a league title. I think he'd have won the title in 2014 but would have suffered the same following season with Balotelli/Lambert et al replacing Suarez.

I dont think he'd have won the title with any of the other sides we've had since 1990. He might have got more out of the Evans & Houllier sides but I still dont think we had enough in the sides/squads to win the big prizes.

He certainly wouldn't have got anywhere near with the 2010-2013 sides.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Wow. Hope so …

Manchester United have given midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 29, permission to open talks with Saudi Arabia, with two clubs in the Saudi Pro League interested in the Portugal international. (TeamTalk)

Mats Wieffer signs for Brighton for €30 million and Max Kilman to West Ham for £40 million. Great work by Wolves to get that kind of money

Slot denies being interested in Weiffer despite our DM options being wafer thin. I thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    I think he would have done (or at least got very close!). I think a good manager (Mourinho/Ancelotti/Guardiola) would guide the 18-21 side to a title and/or European Cup.
    And I don’t.

I also believe Klopp gets such huge plaudits because most of the pro’s and pundits think the same.

We had some WC players but not close to the number City had. Klopp admitting regularly - not only are we not the best side in Europe we are not even the best domestically.

I think you and many others over play the quality of the entire squad and under play the miles made up for with the “running though brick walls” it took to win what we did.

The miracles needed along the way testimony to that as were the boom and bust cycles that played out like a pattern.

Squads rinsed through high intensity over sustained periods of games that ultimately led to injury pile ups - the inevitable result of fatigue

Good to see arsenal making early moves & getting what they need, then people wonder why they're building a great squad that went all the way with city and better than us.

We just do whatever is best value even if that's filling positions in with emergency options..... or not natural position pffff

now we need more work than ever with the squad if you look into it..... we're not just 1 or 2 players off anymore

thank you FSG
    Last edited by Kev0909; 6th July 2024 at 12:11 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

I don't know how much truth is in it, but apparently Juve are looking a cut price 25 million Euros for Chiesa as he has 1 year left on his contract . Also Dani Almo looks the real deal and no doubt his value has went up after yesterday's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Good to see arsenal making early moves & getting what they need, then people wonder why they're building a great squad that went all the way with city and better than us.

We just do whatever is best value even if that's filling positions in with emergency options..... or not natural position pffff

now we need more work than ever with the squad if you look into it..... we're not just 1 or 2 players off anymore

thank you FSG
    Gooners pressured Kroenke into abandoning the “self sustaining” model. He has denied it naturally but the facts speak for themselves

They've signed a goalkeeper who they already had on loan on last season. Everything else is just noise.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I don't know how much truth is in it, but apparently Juve are looking a cut price 25 million Euros for Chiesa as he has 1 year left on his contract . Also Dani Almo looks the real deal and no doubt his value has went up after yesterday's performance.
    Dani Olmo is a player who we have been regularly linked to for two or three years I think. Sometimes he has looked a bit lightweight, but maybe he is coming into his peak as a player.