Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

yep, its a bit dead on here. so thought i would post something... We don't jump at transfers. so could easily see us wait and see what happens in January. the club will do the usual "we have 3 players resign a new contract" so things are positive.
    I think its likely all 3 of TAA Salah and Virgil get new contracts. unless a huge offer comes in and they will be sold.
    When it comes to Trent signing/going to Madrid. they'd only sign him for free.Doubt they recon hes good enough to pay a huge transfer and then huge wages too.
    been said a few times by me and others. I hope he reverts back to being solely a fullback .hes not the best defensively. But we will have to manage that. hes way better going forward on the right.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Yes, we have 5 CBs. But are they good enough? I mean every club will register 4 to 6 CBs. But it depends on what we want as a club. Challenging for the top honours, or simply challenge for top 4. Just because we have 5,it doesn't mean we should be happy. For me, cb is a position we need investment.
    I do agree - if a centre-back was available that was of real quality (fit the needs of our system etc as well) and in the 22-25 sort of age bracket I'd absolutely want us to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I do agree - if a centre-back was available that was of real quality (fit the needs of our system etc as well) and in the 22-25 sort of age bracket I'd absolutely want us to go for it.
    OK, I've a read a bit about sepp van den Berg. I would now keep him and give him a chance this year and put the money elsewhere or St least wait until Xmas. Seems he has had a very good season in Germany. On some sites, rated as one of the top performing CBs in Germany last season. From that reading it sounds like her deserves a chance with us.

All reports I've seen about Sepp van den Berg suggest he wants out, despite a change of manager, and a decent chance of breaking into the side, which is a shame as he did well in Germany. There's no point keeping unhappy players but perhaps Slot will win him over.

Linked with Mathys Angely of Bordeaux.

He is just 17 and is a centre-back, so if we acquire him it's one for the future, not one for now.

David Lynch has said he thinks that Gordon could be one that gets revived later in the window.
    Not really sure how though unless Diaz leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    David Lynch has said he thinks that Gordon could be one that gets revived later in the window.
    Not really sure how though unless Diaz leaves.
    Yeah with the "England tax" and "Premier League tax" he could end up going somewhere for £80m-£100m or something daft in the current environment.

Two years left on his deal I think. I could definitely see us going for him next Summer when he has one year left.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    All reports I've seen about Sepp van den Berg suggest he wants out, despite a change of manager, and a decent chance of breaking into the side, which is a shame as he did well in Germany. There's no point keeping unhappy players but perhaps Slot will win him over.
    Well he sounded a lot more positive in his post match interview.

"only side yet to spend any money yet"

Utter FSG jokes.

this squad isn't good enough it shown it's lack in some places last season, it's not going to magically get better.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Lewis Steele @LewisSteele_ · 2m

Leicester and Southampton are among a number of Premier League clubs interested in signing Liverpool youngster Ben Doak on loan. The 18-year-old Scotsman has a big decision to make over his future - he will sit down with Arne Slot and Richard Hughes after the tour.