Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: 24/25 Pre Season

Curtis Jones came off with a hamstring issue. They are hoping it's nothing too serious. He had a stop start season last year due to small injuries. Hoping it's not the same this year.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Nyoni looked good, but he is so slight physically that you feel he would get hammered in the premier league.
    Philips will never have the pace to play a high line Slot defence.
    Those young lads like a press though don't they.
    Connor Bradley was so good that you really wonder how Slot will solve the Trent conundrum.
    Nyoni’s first touch, movement with the ball and first time passing at times belies his age, agreed he is very slight but bloody hell, along with Bradley he was for me outstanding, not comparing him to the Spanish Lamal and that Real Madrid prodigy Ardan lad, but on the physical side they are both slight too, but in todays football with the genuine level of protection afforded to players, I dont see his lack of physicality as a big of an issue as it would have been 10 years ago…

On your Bradley point, which is a very good comment, I thing Bradley is more of a Right wing back than Trent is, so for me play Trent at Right Back and if he bombs on Bradley can drop to cover him if needs be, but play Bradley at R W Back and allow him the freedom to constantly bomb forward with his energy and attacking mentality… I think Nunez would benefit from his presence playing the ball back from the bye line..

Nyoni and Sepp Van Den Berg were the standout positives for me.

VDB’s positioning and defensive awareness was good, though he wasn’t tested too much. Be good to see him against Arsenal and Utd.

Saw Nyoni v Southampton at Anfield. Yes he has lots of growing to do but he looks a super talent

🇪🇸 Despite only playing 26 minutes Stefan Bajčetić won the most duels (5) for #LFC vs Real Betis.

He also won 2/2 tackles and completed 13/15 passes.

Game 2

Liverpool v Arshole

Kelleher

Bradley
    Quansah
    Van Den Berg
    Tsimikas

Elliott
    Szoboszlai
    Jones

Salah
    Jota
    Carvalho

No idea again about how the front 6 will line up.

Looking forward to watching Bradley and Van Den Berg in particular plus seeing Jota back in the starting line up.

Excellent start from the lads, as long as their brief was to give an impression of 11 12 year old school girls who have never met each other before …

lovely finish from Salah
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Mo Salaaaaahhh

Jota heads it down to Elliott, first time ball puts Salah clear, finish perfect, never in doubt.

Liverpool have grown into the game.

Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

15 gone

fucking sick of how Arsenal defenders throw themselves down to say they've been followed
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century