Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Fsg out #2

Quote Originally Posted by JockStrap View Post
    The guy who was bragging about getting a flight and uber to go glory hunting. I get it.

The replies are funny. I guess glory hunters don't like being told they're glory hunters.
    Bragging about getting a flight and a taxi 🤣🤣🤣
    I guess you're little bit of Scotland hasn't moved out of the 90's. Maybe that's why you used to post like a Irving Walsh novel . (What was all that about ?) 🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Bragging about getting a flight and a taxi ������
    I guess you're little bit of Scotland hasn't moved out of the 90's. Maybe that's why you used to post like a Irving Walsh novel . (What was all that about ?) ����
    Just bringing a little bit of culture to the place. It's lost on people like you.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

FSG need to sort out the contracts for Mo, Virgil and Trent.
    Otherwise they need to F off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    But your point is a little flawed. Because... as has been mentioned, with just a few more signings Real and City may not have been better - or at least they would have been - 'less better - and possibly behind our level had we ever managed to improve on the squad that reached a zenith in the wake of COutinho's dosh being spent!

This is the crux of the issue. That sale was what unlocked everything. Why could we never again go for this callibre of player? Despite winning the big prizes AND record revenues? If not then.. WHEN?

The mistake I feel you are making lies in your inability to see that nobody is saying anything is Liverpools fault. It's the owners some of us are pointing at. I am saying that the lack of proper backing at crucial times - when we hit the big league...97 points and a European Cup... REWARD - "we have bills to pay"..? WTF? And then the following summer - letting a senior CB leave without replacement - after making the league unwinnable - was a huge mistake. Amateur time. Born of putting profits first and almost certainly it led to less major trophies for Jurgen - imo at least 2 more - and to the decline that has ensued.. followed...inevitably by the most overworked & best manager on the planet walking early.

We stopped - opened the door for another rival (most of this forum were laughing at btw) to step in - and Arsenal obliged.
    Listen, I think everyone would agree there is a very strong argument that FSG could and should have supported Klopp with more money, and again I think everyone agrees if they had, he could have possibly won more trophies….

Everyone will also agree that the obscene Coutinho profits showed everybody what can be achieved if you spend big wisely..

We all only know that now through the wonderful benefit of hindsight, in reality they could have just as easily spent that money on frivolous purchases… that didn’t work, and I suggest that could have resulted in Klopp failing to deliver any success, and as a result things would have been so different, and I think its safe to say Klopp’s contract wouldn't have been extended.

If as you keep saying FSG, were only interested in short term gain, why are they still here after 14 years, they could have simply kept the Countinho monies, not redeveloped Anfield to the extent they have, or build a new State of Art Training Centre and simply just try see how things panned out and then sell the Club at the earliest possible opportunity when they believed the time and the price was right.

The fact of the matter is, they did spend the profit on Coutinho wisely, they have redeveloped Anfield and they have built a brand New Training facility, and they have even bought back Melwood for the Girls team. Whilst at the same time over the past 10 years they have spent £1.2B on Transfers, whilst cleverly recouping over £700M through player sales, all of which has brought us a level of success that we could have only dreamed of 10-15 years ago…

Once again you are right, they are ultimately in this for the money and they will probably, sooner rather than later, cash out and walk away with a very healthy profit when they see fit to do so. Much like every player who has ever played for Liverpool…

However, be under no illusions FSG know only too well that their Maximum cash out will only be achieved if LFC continue to be successful on and off the field of play. We may not agree on their methods, but rest assured while their motives maybe be different to ours, we all want and need the same thing, success on pitch.

Only highlighting the negatives of their ownership, which in my defence I have conceded they have been significantly guilty of at times, but then not recognising the significant positives of their ownership, which I would argue far outweighs the negatives, is for me the biggest issue I have with the whole FSG OUT argument.

It just feels like some of the FSG OUT camp, have by their vociferous comments against FSG have simply painted themselves into a corner, and as such they feel completely unable to give credit were credit is due…

Like I have said previously, I dont think this argument is as Black and White as it is portrayed, I am not trying to win the argument, we all see things differently and I am good with that, I just feel frustrated that when I try to give what I perceive to be a balanced perspective on this argument, I get described as an FSG apologist…

Hey ho sticks and stones I guess…

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    FSG need to sort out the contracts for Mo, Virgil and Trent.
    Otherwise they need to F off.
    I mean why wouldnt you do you're upmost to keep all 3?? if its beyond trying such has asking for ridiculous money then fair. but otherwise. get this shit sorted
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

As good as Salah and van Dijk's stats may be they don't show the value of their experience or their influence in the dressing room or on the training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Listen, I think everyone would agree there is a very strong argument that FSG could and should have supported Klopp with more money, and again I think everyone agrees if they had, he could have possibly won more trophies….

Everyone will also agree that the obscene Coutinho profits showed everybody what can be achieved if you spend big wisely..

We all only know that now through the wonderful benefit of hindsight, in reality they could have just as easily spent that money on frivolous purchases… that didn’t work, and I suggest that could have resulted in Klopp failing to deliver any success, and as a result things would have been so different, and I think its safe to say Klopp’s contract wouldn't have been extended.

If as you keep saying FSG, were only interested in short term gain, why are they still here after 14 years, they could have simply kept the Countinho monies, not redeveloped Anfield to the extent they have, or build a new State of Art Training Centre and simply just try see how things panned out and then sell the Club at the earliest possible opportunity when they believed the time and the price was right.

The fact of the matter is, they did spend the profit on Coutinho wisely, they have redeveloped Anfield and they have built a brand New Training facility, and they have even bought back Melwood for the Girls team. Whilst at the same time over the past 10 years they have spent £1.2B on Transfers, whilst cleverly recouping over £700M through player sales, all of which has brought us a level of success that we could have only dreamed of 10-15 years ago…

Once again you are right, they are ultimately in this for the money and they will probably, sooner rather than later, cash out and walk away with a very healthy profit when they see fit to do so. Much like every player who has ever played for Liverpool…

However, be under no illusions FSG know only too well that their Maximum cash out will only be achieved if LFC continue to be successful on and off the field of play. We may not agree on their methods, but rest assured while their motives maybe be different to ours, we all want and need the same thing, success on pitch.

Only highlighting the negatives of their ownership, which in my defence I have conceded they have been significantly guilty of at times, but then not recognising the significant positives of their ownership, which I would argue far outweighs the negatives, is for me the biggest issue I have with the whole FSG OUT argument.

It just feels like some of the FSG OUT camp, have by their vociferous comments against FSG have simply painted themselves into a corner, and as such they feel completely unable to give credit were credit is due…

Like I have said previously, I dont think this argument is as Black and White as it is portrayed, I am not trying to win the argument, we all see things differently and I am good with that, I just feel frustrated that when I try to give what I perceive to be a balanced perspective on this argument, I get described as an FSG apologist…

Hey ho sticks and stones I guess…
    Very balanced post BPF but I have to disagree on a few key points.

Credit has been given many times to the few areas where F$G have done well and they almost exclusively reside in the hiring of Jurgen Klopp. Regardless of the fact that it was Ulla who led to him spurning United a year before.

ANYONE crediting them for the training ground (half the cost of Leicester's BTW) and the stadium's (@ just 50% and awkward looking) redevelopment is crediting owners who were

a: Gifted the club for half price... in a deal brokered by a fellow US banking pal Bob Diamond
    b: Done so entirely on the premise that they HAD to bring these infrastructures into the 21st century after the last US owners FAILED to get that spade in the ground.

And once again. All the monies used to complete these upgrades has come out of the money generated by the hugely restrictive self sustaining model which sees the owners completely absolved from ANY investment at all.

What keeps them here? Wow..? As if anyone with half brain doesn't know this.. The massive..GIGANTIC hike in TV revenues and sponsorship deals that has been like fresh blood in the ocean for the sharks - is what attracts ALL the US owners. They come NOT to pay. They buy for a fraction of the cost of NFL and NBA clubs back home that have a fraction of the fan base.. Then they leverage against the huge untapped - unrealised potential of these institutions. Tapping into every possible facet of the club to maximise its commercial value.

Then they sell off little chunks until the mess is complete.

Look.. I cannot help the people who are unable to see the disaster coming in the wake of the rampant Americanisation of this great sport, one which is totally dependent on the petrodollar clubs presence to obscure the real end game..

To say that they could have kept the Coutinho money is also naive in the extreme. The media would have been all over that and the fan base would have gone into melt down. Jurgen himself would have been even more forthcoming to the media than he was in January of 2021.

You can't sell your prized asset for that kinda wedge and keep the cash. NOt at a club that had so recently ousted H&G. Come on - let's be real.

Not giving Mo, VVD, TTA a new contract is one thing, but if FSG don't and don't properly replace them next summer then that is whole different ball game.

Mo and VVD are going to be virtually irreplacable no-matter when/how they leave, but FSG will have to at least try bext summer should that be the case.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Both these players/positions can't just be made up with 'numbers/can do a jobbers'.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Agree. They're generational players,two of the GoaTs of LFC who we'll be lucky to see anyone as good as in our lifetimes. Certainly at Liverpool.
    FSG need to give themselves the best chance. That's currently not looking like what they're doing. It will not look good for them at all if they don't do what's best. Bollocks to this age,resale value thing. Some players are outside of that model and VvD and Salah most definitely are.
    I genuinely don't see all three of Salah,Trent,Virgil staying. Atleast one will go.