Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

I'll be honest, I'd of loved him to give our fans the 3 fist pumps after ther final whistle.
    But as been said before, he's his own man.

I get why he doesn't want too.. he just wants to remain level headed. so easy to get involved with the passion and not win things..Hes just very focussed.. LFC was Jurgens club for 9 years. Slot is just starting and needs to settle in first.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I think we have 7 games in a 21-day period upon return from the international break, so we will get a good picture of how Arne will manage the rest/rotation side of things.

It will also yield an opportunity for us to see how other players (who haven't been getting starts) are doing with the tactical tweaks. Quite looking forward to longer spells of minutes for Gakpo, Núñez, Elliott, Bradley, Tsimikas for example and particularly if Endo is able to adjust to what the manager wants from him.

Also interested to see how we handle the Domestic Cups this season. I'm inclined to go relatively "weak" if it improves our odds of keeping players fit for the League and Champion's League, but Arne will also want trophies.

Don't want to see the burn-out of a 22/23 season.

We don't have those younger fringe players to help out this season in the domestic cups.

A opportunity for some who haven't tasted first team football yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'll be honest, I'd of loved him to give our fans the 3 fist pumps after ther final whistle.
    But as been said before, he's his own man.
    Then he'd get accused of trying to copy klopp and get stick for it

he can't win

Looking good so far, so many utd fans be like when klopp leaves you'll fall..... erm 0-3 mates
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Then he'd get accused of trying to copy klopp and get stick for it

he can't win

Looking good so far, so many utd fans be like when klopp leaves you'll fall..... erm 0-3 mates
    Spot on. The fist pumps was a Klopp thing. Time to move on and embrace Slot for the manager he is.
    VOTE JOCKY tae fix this fiasco.

Superb extended Interview with the great John Barnes..

I think Slot will fist bump very occasionally

He was really tempted when we drubbed the filthy 3-0 the crowd nearly drew him into it

I imagine him doing it after something like a last minute winner to progress in the Champions league knock out or against a title rival to gain significant distant between us & them

He might leave it until after he has a trophy or two in the bag

The players all seem to be really enjoying themselves in the new way

Fist pumps Not really his style from what I’ve seen. Seems a very cool and unemotional type of character which klopp is obviously the polar opposite of. More of a wave to the crowd type and let the players take the plaudits which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Fist pumps Not really his style from what I’ve seen. Seems a very cool and unemotional type of character which klopp is obviously the polar opposite of. More of a wave to the crowd type and let the players take the plaudits which I like.
    Who gives a fuck it's pretty sad

Klopp was a different breed of manager and when it came to interaction with fans very different from the norm

Slot is not klopp

Slot is good still though, fist bumps change nothing

fist bumps do not matter in the grand scheme of things

i'll fist bump you 19x up the fuckin arse

Also what brilliant football he's got us playing, look so good going forward "doomed without klopp" yeah- sure looks like it so far, playing the best football we've done in years with the passing/movement, fantastic to watch.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 7th September 2024 at 07:33 PM.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.