Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to LFC Arne Slot

I don't like "tappy crappy" football either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Harsh lesson that the Dutch pass pass & pass some more & keep doing that even when it shows no sign of working way won’t work in too many games in the Prem

Needs to make sure the press & counter press is always top drawer first & foremost we won our first 3 mostly through scoring with quick counters & from turn overs winning the ball in the opposition half

When we don’t have that right we always struggle it’s THE most important aspect of our game with these players

It was the same under Jurgen last season, always in fact, when the press & counter press & intensity were below par, so were we

Today was the worst performance I’ve seen from us in several years though, completely toothless no variation of mixing it up poor press poor timing orf runs & passes to connect them

Just shite

And why I don’t like overly tappy crappy for the sake of it
    Everton away last season was worse ,Still shite today.

Slot atleast being honest in his assessment. Lost the ball way too much and it wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Slot atleast being honest in his assessment. Lost the ball way too much and it wasn't good enough.
    The real test will be what he does to try and make sure that performance was just a one off.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Everton away last season was worse ,Still shite today.
    100% we were far far worse v the BS and at Forrest in 2022 - but we weren’t playing tappy crappy then

Quote Originally Posted by RedMagic View Post
    The real test will be what he does to try and make sure that performance was just a one off.
    True. Most times we get away with a performance like that. Hopefully a one off but Forest did what most teams who come to Anfield do, it's up to them to work around it and be better with their final third decision making.
    Doubtful we will have so many players having an off day as we did today.

I was more annoyed with the amount of times we give the balls away especially from that Salah fella.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    100% we were far far worse v the BS and at Forrest in 2022 - but we weren’t playing tappy crappy then
    It was a very unexpected result, mate. A huge kick in the balls after a great start to the season.
    I have to say I was surprised with the same starting line up especially with the South Americans starting with the travelling and playing in a time difference. I'm sure the economy class flights were a killer though 🤣
    No excuses for everyone else though bar Grav who at least tried. Today was a chance to give others game time but seeing the performances of the subs maybe Arne was right 🤣
    All hail the Italian, our only hope !!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I was more annoyed with the amount of times we give the balls away especially from that Salah fella.
    Me too. It was poor throughout. Thought we'd have up the tempo in the second half but we started terribly and didn't get going at all. We lacked sharpness.

Me too. It was poor throughout. Thought we'd have up the tempo in the second half but we started terribly and didn't get going at all. We lacked sharpness.
    Complacency crept in mate. We'd the 3 points in the bag before the kick off and were looking to Milan on Tuesday before a ball was kicked today.
    I was guilty myself if I'm honest.