Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your team v AC Milan Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Slot says he won’t start, would have had Harvey in his place … so one of Saturday’s starters will have to go again.
    Probably Salah on the right then.
    Think Salah starts more often than not in the Champion's League irrespective of the situation largely due to his love of chasing records.

I'd personally rather he played less, purely with a view to prolonging his career with us, but I don't think it will pan out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Think Salah starts more often than not in the Champion's League irrespective of the situation largely due to his love of chasing records.

I'd personally rather he played less, purely with a view to prolonging his career with us, but I don't think it will pan out that way.
    Who's going to play instead?

Doubt Chiesa is ready for a full 90

AC milan away, you want your best player to play, if anything should have in theory, been rested again forest, but.... i mean like.... in hindsight it was a straight win lols at home
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Who's going to play instead?

Doubt Chiesa is ready for a full 90

AC milan away, you want your best player to play, if anything should have in theory, been rested again forest, but.... i mean like.... in hindsight it was a straight win lols at home
    I was talking in more general terms in regards to my preference for Salah to play a bit less, rather than tonight specifically.

As to tonight though, we are pretty spoilt for options really, especially once we bear in mind the use of rotation and the subs bench.

I'd happily do something like Núñez up top, Gakpo left and any of the starters from the weekend (Salah, Diaz, Jota) on the right, having been told in advance they are getting a maximum of 60 minutes because of fixture congestion. Or indeed giving Chiesa a first half and explaining to him in advance that he isn't getting a full 90.

Whilst some of our forwards are better than others and better fits for certain areas than others, we are spoilt for choice more than almost any other side in Europe.

Quality > Quantity

Team news

Alisson

Trent Konate Van Dijk Tsimikas

Sloppy Gravenberch Mac Allister

Salah Jota Gakpo

Come the FUCK on Liverpool get the win no excuses

Liverpool FC Starting XI: Alisson, Van Dijk, Konate, Szoboszlai, Mac Allister, Salah, Gakpo, Jota, Tsimikas, Gravenberch, Alexander-Arnold.

Liverpool Subs: Jaros, Kelleher, Gomez, Endo, Diaz, Nunez, Chiesa, Jones, Robertson, Quansah, Morton, Bradley.

Liverpool make two changes for tonight's Champions League tie with AC Milan at San Siro.

Cody Gakpo and Kostas Tsimikas come back into the line-up for the tournament league-phase opener, replacing Luis Diaz and Andy Robertson.

New signing Federico Chiesa is named among the substitutes for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMagic View Post
    Quality > Quantity
    True, but in the spirit of "why not both?" I don't think many clubs can better our blend.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    True, but in the spirit of "why not both?" I don't think many clubs can better our blend.
    I see where you're coming from to be fair, if city lose haaland for a long period it'll hurt them more than if we lost salah for the same period.

if i was a city fan I wouldn't be too pleased with the window just gone to be fair.

reason why city will finish higher and probably win the league again, is due to midfield.. once again, well and haaland obviously, but that's where they're better than us, in the middle bigtime

I'd rather have are attackers & outside Haaland.... and back 4/goalie
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.