Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143146147148149150151152153
Results 1,521 to 1,529 of 1529

Thread: Football News

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Time for our lads to step up then, why should Arsenal automatically take the title if City don’t?

We were in poll position til we drew at Old Trafford and lost at home to Palace in the run in.

Never mind the two non penalties at Anfield against the top two.

Real opportunity now.
    Because FSG didn't do enough....and arsenal did, (again)

that's the difference, we have a top midfielder come in, we'd probably win it this season..... I suppose you never know. might still do.

Not to mention if konate/VVD injured for a while at any point.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Time for our lads to step up then, why should Arsenal automatically take the title if City don’t?

We were in poll position til we drew at Old Trafford and lost at home to Palace in the run in.

Never mind the two non penalties at Anfield against the top two.

Real opportunity now.
    Last season we were right at it on all fronts for most of the season and in with a shout on the Premiership Title with just 8 games to go, now we all know the circumstances and contributing factors around why we just seemed to run out of gas and form at the end….I know Klopp is no longer at the helm, but I fail to see any reason why this squad of players, which is probably the best squad we have had for a long long time, cannot compete on all fronts again right until the end of the season.

Fingers crossed we have a bit more luck with injuries, VAR and Refs this season, and who knows Slot might just surprise everyone this season and come up on the blind side and pick up an important trophy or two… 🤞😎

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Last season we were right at it on all fronts for most of the season and in with a shout on the Premiership Title with just 8 games to go, now we all know the circumstances and contributing factors around why we just seemed to run out of gas and form at the end….I know Klopp is no longer at the helm, but I fail to see any reason why this squad of players, which is probably the best squad we have had for a long long time, cannot compete on all fronts again right until the end of the season.

Fingers crossed we have a bit more luck with injuries, VAR and Refs this season, and who knows Slot might just surprise everyone this season and come up on the blind side and pick up an important trophy or two… 🤞😎
    It'd be interesting to see if we went out of one of the domestic cups at an early stage for us. Considering a lot of the current squad have taken a PL challenge to late on in 21/22 and last season. As long as losing a cup tie was just a one off bad game and not part of longer poor form.
    Arsenal's 2 most recent challenges have happened when they haven't stayed in the League Cup or FA Cup for too long.

Loving that classic Liverbird logo minus all the fuss.

Really smart just a single colour…red on white or white on red… So strong love it. Great decision from the top tbf.. I give them plenty of stick - but credit where it is due

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Really smart just a single colour…red on white or white on red… So strong love it. Great decision from the top tbf.. I give them plenty of stick - but credit where it is due
    https://x.com/fumlerrawk/status/1835037859239084146

https://x.com/theanfieldtalk/status/1838531657634136271

Fan arrests by club last season.

For the second year in a row, West Ham United's fan base had the most arrests, with 89 spectators being taken in by the police over the course of last season. The news comes after the Hammers claimed to have put in place improved and robust systems on match days in order to deal with issues.

In terms of the arrests, 23 were made for throwing missiles within stadiums, a number far higher than any other fan base. Another 27 arrests were made for public disorder. The club aren't the only Premier League club at the top of the list, though. In fact, four of the big six are among the six worst fan bases in terms of arrests.

Due to the sheer size of their fan bases in comparison to some of the smaller clubs on the list, several of the big six teams are fairly close to the top. Just behind West Ham with 83 arrests is Manchester United. Considering the volume of protests the fan base has conducted in recent years, it's no surprise to see them rank highly.

Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham are also in the top six of the list. Chelsea come in at 12th avoiding the top 10 by the slightest of margins, while Liverpool are by far the most behaved of the big six fan bases, sitting way down in 24th. To put into perspective how well-behaved the Anfield faithful is in comparison to some of the other sides in England, teams like Plymouth and Bolton Wanderers, clubs with much smaller fan bases had more arrests than the Reds last year.

West Ham United
    Manchester United
    Leeds United
    Manchester City
    Arsenal
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Burnley
    Leicester City
    Everton
    Birmingham City
    Millwall
    Chelsea
    Newcastle United
    Southampton
    Bolton Wanderers
    Middlesbrough
    Peterborough United
    Derby County
    Blackburn Rovers
    Hull City
    Plymouth Argyle
    Sunderland
    Blackpool
    Liverpool
    Sheffield United

Look at the red kit and white Bird…. Smart as Fook

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Agreed, I think it's a lot smarter.

I was actually surspised there was a lot of criticism of the change.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

If they used the green kit collar design and made the cuffs and collar a solid white it would be practially a perfect kit!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side