Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : EFL Cup Liverpool v West Ham

1st half was for me bang average, we looked like a bunch of players that have had limited game time, so tbf no shock there..early doors second half I thought WH started the better and looked a threat, the subs and WH red card changed things quite dramatically and in the end we just cruised to victory without any injuries, so on reflection great result…

However, maybe its just me, but Tsimikas is simply not a good enough back up to Robbo…every time I watch him play he really drives me nuts, he is so poor across the board it is laughable…

I am absolutely staggered and I simply cannot understand how we have allowed the recent Summer transfer window to pass without getting an upgrade in this position…. if he is still here next season I will be amazed.

I don’t think he’s quite that bad Bob. He is a back up player so by definition in and out of the team. I though Bradley looked bang average last night too for the same reason

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I don’t think he’s quite that bad Bob. He is a back up player so by definition in and out of the team. I though Bradley looked bang average last night too for the same reason
    Yeah, it's hard to gauge a player who's only getting the odd game here and there...

Bradley has gone backwards. If West Ham start with Antonio and Paqueta I things would have been very different last night.

No doubt - but he was ahead of expectations last season.

Endo is a passenger and I just don’t see much future with him at all. What staggers me is how few people see it.

Possibly because his bar is set so low Steveo

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Yeah, it's hard to gauge a player who's only getting the odd game here and there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Bradley has gone backwards. If West Ham start with Antonio and Paqueta I things would have been very different last night.

No doubt - but he was ahead of expectations last season.

Endo is a passenger and I just don’t see much future with him at all. What staggers me is how few people see it.
    Think it's tough to truely judge players when they're all playing in what is essentially a reserve side.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Possibly because his bar is set so low Steveo
    Won the most duels and recovered the ball more than anyone else last night. Completed 42 / 44 passes.

He's not flashy and he's not going to rack up goals and assists but he'll do the dirty stuff.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Won the most duels and recovered the ball more than anyone else last night. Completed 42 / 44 passes.

He's not flashy and he's not going to rack up goals and assists but he'll do the dirty stuff.
    He's not good enough. Or at least when it counted he hasn't been. It's that simple. Klopp failed to see it and it was a painful lesson. This is where we have fallen short. No way City or Arsenal make do with that level of player in such a crucial year. He left Stuttgart rooted to the bottom of the table and they came second the season after. Hard worker and I have honeslty welcomed his expertise and team play at times which helped - the problem realy arrived the instant we were relying on him.

The owners failed us last summer and this summer yet again - whatever happens from here.

Wonderful fella so I hate saying this - but watch the games last season v united especially - that's where it fell apart and it cannot be repeated.
    Last edited by Steveo; 26th September 2024 at 02:23 PM.

Really, tell me a club in the top 10 who would buy him off us…

His default pass is mostly back to Virg or last night to Gomez… he is defensively naive, his decision making is poor and slow, and his delivery is very hit and miss, I know that he is a popular squad player but if thats all he is bringing, its simply not enough.

I agree its not easy to hit the ground running after a long absence, but I think there have been occasions he has had a run of games in the past, but imho I have never been impressed, maybe I am not being fair but life isnt fair, and if we genuinely want to challenge in the Premiership and in the Champions League year in year out, we need the best back up squads as possible, and I just think there are far better optionsout there who can challenge Robbo and ultimately go on to replace him…

We are getting to the stage where we will need a new first choice LB but we will still need cover and I don’t think Tsimikas is too bad a second choice. You’re not going to get a top class LB willing to be on the bench most weeks, look at our current goalkeeper situation.

Anyway, I can only recall the goal in Milan where we could lay the blame possibly at his door.

Not a world beater but adequate cover imo