Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910

Thread: Match Thread : EFL Cup Liverpool v West Ham

Tsimikas has had his moments but he has declined a fair bit over the last season or so, and that trend is likely to continue. Robertson is also past his peak, and as a result of those two things we should have already recruited a quality LB. Not doing so is criminal.

Endo has also had his moments, but he was and is nothing more than a temporary, relative cheap sticking plaster. He is an aging, slow, ponderous midfielder who went from playing for an almost relegated Bundesliga side to playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world, one that plays in the most 'competitive' and physically demanding league (never mind the cups) when it comes to top flight football.

As for Bradley, I agree that he started well and that only time will tell if he'll be good enough to make that RB position his own, but one thing that won't be helping him is not getting a run of games.

On the topic of not getting enough games, what has happened to Danns? I think Klopp should have played him a bit in the last few games of last season, but for some reason he didn't. I wonder why?

Injured I think

Since the backend of last season? I don't remember him sustaining a long term injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    1st half was for me bang average, we looked like a bunch of players that have had limited game time, so tbf no shock there..early doors second half I thought WH started the better and looked a threat, the subs and WH red card changed things quite dramatically and in the end we just cruised to victory without any injuries, so on reflection great result…

However, maybe its just me, but Tsimikas is simply not a good enough back up to Robbo…every time I watch him play he really drives me nuts, he is so poor across the board it is laughable…

I am absolutely staggered and I simply cannot understand how we have allowed the recent Summer transfer window to pass without getting an upgrade in this position…. if he is still here next season I will be amazed.
    1. Jones was anonymous mostly in the first half & the front 4 were not setup well. At half time Slot rectified Jones.

2. Not just you, ye are mad
    The Greek is a great lad.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMagic View Post
    Since the backend of last season? I don't remember him sustaining a long term injury.
    Got a back injury a couple of months ago...
    Was meant to be going on loan to Plymouth...

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/08/liverpool-youngster-jayden-danns-dealt-injury-blow-amid-loan-transfer-rumours/

Thanks for the information. A loan may have been best for him given where he currently stands in the pecking order. I wonder what his chances are generally given how many attacking options we currently have?

Thanks for the information. A loan may have been best for him given where he currently stands in the pecking order. I wonder what his chances are generally given how many attacking options we currently have?
    Hopefully he'll be back in action soon, and can go out on loan in the January window.
    He's a cracking young player, and has all the tools to make it in the PL....
    ...but, with 6 top class strikers vying for 3 places each week on our forward line. I'd say he'd need at least two of those to depart for him to have any chance, even on the bench...
    I loved his end of season cameos under Jurgen last season. I thought he might have gotten more chances what with our whole forward line misfiring at season's end...
    Fingers crossed for the young lad. He could save us a lot of money in the future (I hope)...

Tsimikas has had his moments but he has declined a fair bit over the last season or so, and that trend is likely to continue. Robertson is also past his peak, and as a result of those two things we should have already recruited a quality LB. Not doing so is criminal.
    We might be waiting on the Feyenoord lad at LB

Looks a great fit but picked up a knee injury end of last season, so we might be waiting to see how well he recovers from that