Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Also we looked tired mentally and physically at the end, kept just giving them the ball in our own half.

This is game 6 ffs.
    We looked tired from the start imo. Only played in a few patches

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The only positive to take from this game is that we got the job done and barely got out of first gear.

And normally you say that as a positive that we didn't need to get into second gear to win, but in this case I'm saying it as an indictment as we played awfully in large spells out there and against a better team we wouldn't be leaving that ground with any points at all.

Slot has a lot of stuff to fix and address starting with his lineup picks to start the game - like insisting and thinking Szoboslai is still a starter in this team. And we were just simply sloppy all over the place.
    Just unforgivable.

I'd like to give a shout out to Macca who did a lot of clean up over Szobo's constant misplaced passes as well as a lot of gritty defensive cover for the back four. Maybe he gets my MOTM.

Wolves gifted us those three points - by giving away a penalty so close after they'd scored.
    We didn't really outright win them.

But I'll take it.
    Bring that kind of performance against City or Arsenal, and I'd say even a Villa or Chelsea and they'll wipe the floor with us.
    Looks like szobo is only in the side for his running power. He does get about the place very well but his play has been consistently poor for ages now except a game earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Also we looked tired mentally and physically at the end, kept just giving them the ball in our own half.

This is game 6 ffs.
    Yep we looked wrecked. The next 4eague games will tell a lot about where we are under slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    The only positive to take from this game is that we got the job done and barely got out of first gear.

And normally you say that as a positive that we didn't need to get into second gear to win, but in this case I'm saying it as an indictment as we played awfully in large spells out there and against a better team we wouldn't be leaving that ground with any points at all.

Slot has a lot of stuff to fix and address starting with his lineup picks to start the game - like insisting and thinking Szoboslai is still a starter in this team. And we were just simply sloppy all over the place.
    Just unforgivable.

I'd like to give a shout out to Macca who did a lot of clean up over Szobo's constant misplaced passes as well as a lot of gritty defensive cover for the back four. Maybe he gets my MOTM.

Wolves gifted us those three points - by giving away a penalty so close after they'd scored.
    We didn't really outright win them.

But I'll take it.
    Bring that kind of performance against City or Arsenal, and I'd say even a Villa or Chelsea and they'll wipe the floor with us.
    Similar to the Forest game, not as bad but not a great deal better. Looking like they'd never played together before,sleepy performance bordering on complacency at times. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend against lesser sides.
    There was some lethargic performances.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Top of the league but pretty poor fare. I thought jota was motm for us.
    Jota seems to have the best handle on what Slot wants from the press at the moment when it comes to our forwards - had a good game.

Gravenberch was very good in that "understated" sort of way that Lucas or Wijnaldum so often were.

It was an awful watch of a match. So often we seem to match the level of the opposition - excellent against excellent sides and poor against poor sides - happened again today.

Hope Robertson is alright. We looked a bit leggy in pockets and concentration/fluidity didn't look to be there - a touch of rotation required perhaps.

FT 2-1 we were lucky it was a Wolves side in an atrocious run of desperate form shorn of several key players through illness we played today as we were shite

Real concerns about the huge drop off in our pressing & counter pressing & most of all our picking up we’re getting worse at all three with each passing game

We’re letting too many very average opposition players get on the ball too easy in transition & release players too easy time & time again

Pick up opposition players if you’re not involved in that attack & don’t need to be while staying in a position to join the attack if needed - It’s really not that fucking hard

STOP the fucking overpassing, when there’s a chance to create or release a player, take it, every time, it’s the overpassing that leads to too many players unnecessarily forward, cocking up golden chances by over fucking playing and then almost getting done on the counter as the opposition gave 3 4 or more players left wide open to transition & counter

As ever all the focus on the next game & getting the win

Slot has much to work on as THAT^^^^ is getting worse game by game & if it keeps going south we’ll soon find ourselves in trouble

Biggest difference to the Forest game wa that we scored 2 and missed 2 of the biggest sitters you are ever likely to see.

Against Forest we created next to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Similar to the Forest game, not as bad but not a great deal better. Looking like they'd never played together before,sleepy performance bordering on complacency at times. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend against lesser sides.
    There was some lethargic performances.
    I worry about us getting ahead in games but not pressing the advantage and scoring more goals or finishing off teams.

Because you just know we'll get complacent and keep the other team in it before getting hit with a sucker-punch goal against the run of play when we least expect it, and even when we went ahead again today you could just sense that Wolves were still in the game with a chance of getting the draw simply because of how unconvincing we looked after we slipped back into our complacency.

To be fair to Slot that's something that's carried over froom the Klopp days, but with Jurgen you could see him getting upset and letting players hear it in full voice from the sidelines as soon as the sloppy passes started.

I know it doesn't seem like his personality but maybe Slot needs to get an aspect of that into his management of this team.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Gravenberch is playing really well. He rarely loses the ball and his ability to get out of tight spaces and pick a pass is class.
    Jota had a decent second half but I thought he was poor the first half hour, obviously he wasn't alone in that though.
    Some players looking jaded after just 8 games is a bit of a worry.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Shocking first half…but great goal…

Another case of piss poor attitude from several key players, Macca, Szobo, Jota, Salah, Trent and Diaz… wtf, just dont get it..

If I was Slot I would be fucking furious, and Salah oh my days…he gave the ball away so cheaply every single time he could be arsed to touch the ball.. just shit tbh.
    Ditto second half…. oh my days wtf was Konate and Alison playing at, also how did Mo miss that open goal, tbh I was surprised he scored the pen, a game to forget for most of our players today….

I thought Gravenberch and Jota were the only two players who played well throughout, but Mo, Trent and Szobo were just awful… hey ho.. we are Top of The Table and we are still not happy.. Scousers eh .. 🤣😎