Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Looks like szobo is only in the side for his running power. He does get about the place very well but his play has been consistently poor for ages now except a game earlier this season.
    We'll get an instant upgrade in our form the moment Slot decides to replace him with Jones in that starting lineup.

You'll get the same level of running and industry but with better ball retention and custodianship, and far better passing and finishing.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; Today at 08:00 PM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Gravenberch is playing really well. He rarely loses the ball and his ability to get out of tight spaces and pick a pass is class.
    Needs to also concentrate on picking up their player for transition He was doing that much better first few games like when he took that great position on Mainoo also anticipating Casemiro might try & play it to their wide player & nicked it & we went in to score

His head was more on swivel that day & he was paying more attention to his work without the ball, maybe he needs reminding g of his job & that he has to do the picking up against all teams not just in big games

More leadership& directing of each other visual & verbal is needed, a lot more, got to communicate better

"We won but we have to learn from what we missed today. We have to get better."

- MOTM Gravenberch

Well said, Ryan.
    I hope the rest of the team has the same attitude after a game like that today.

Also, Konate is on something if he thinks he should be MOTM instead, after that comical defensive fuckup leading to the Wolves goal, as well as his many careless giveaway passes under no pressure.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We'll get an instant upgrade in our form the moment Slot decides to replace him with Jones in that starting lineup.

You'll get the same level of running and industry but with better ball rention and custodianship, and far better passing and finishing.
    Oh I agree with you 100%. Jones is a better player than szobo hands down. Just trying to find some sort of reason why he might be starting beyond a simple don’t change a winning team train of thought. I hope we aren’t being that basic in team selection.

We ARE in trouble if Slot thinks my man Gravenberch has been great without the ball too, that’s the area he needs to work on most

He did do his work without the ball really well in a couple of games but needs to pick up better & direct better

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Ditto second half…. oh my days wtf was Konate and Alison playing at, also how did Mo miss that open goal
    Just think he wasn't really ready to be honest - couldn't believe that it came right to him - and did come to his weaker foot.

He probably had more time than he thought as well. Just a rushed stab at it.

Next 3 will tell us where we really are.

Palace away
    Chelsea home
    Arsenal away

If we’re still top after those 3 then we ARE in for a title challenge

📊| via
    @Squawka
    : Ibrahima Konaté has the best aerial duel success rate for any player to contest 10+ aerial duels in the Premier League this season:

• 26 aerial duels contested
    • 22 aerial duels won
    • 84.62% success rate

Very tough watch that. We always manage to make bottom of table fodder competitive for 90 mins.
    Surprised to hear no flak for Macalister. I thought he had a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Gravenberch is playing really well. He rarely loses the ball and his ability to get out of tight spaces and pick a pass is class.
    Jota had a decent second half but I thought he was poor the first half hour, obviously he wasn't alone in that though.
    Some players looking jaded after just 8 games is a bit of a worry.

Yep - they look like it’s April not September. I’ve been totally fleeced for tickets to the Bologna game on Wednesday - after that this evening I’m fully prepared that it’s only to witness another episode of Atalanta…