Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Other games 2024 - 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Creator Supremes View Post
    I'd wager we could be poor but we're never that gash in our barren years without challenging or a title.
    I thought 93/94 might be a good candidate given that we finished 8th in the end, but of our League losses, 5 of them were at Anfield.

Still too many of course.

11 years and a bit since they won the League, yes?

To put that in perspective, if using Liverpool's 18th title and beyond as timescale, their lot are now at the 00/01 season stage in terms of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Man Utd were a little unlucky, they hit the post and were still in it until the sending off, which some would say was harsh (we've seen them not given) and injuries and lack of signings and whatnot.
    But they won the transfer window again, only Brighton & Ipswich net-spent more than United this past summer.

Yep it’s the big net spend that’s hampering them

When Chelsea did it to rise from nowhere and dominate and City did it to rise from nowhere and dominate - and Real Madrid did it time and time again to dominate - it was nothing to do with spending

And I am sure our low net spend relative to Arsenal’s is not what led to them coming from nowhere to overtake us - it was because they just had a much better manager than us 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And I am sure our low net spend relative to Arsenal’s is not what led to them coming from nowhere to overtake us - it was because they just had a much better manager than us 😜
    Klopps only had one fail season at lfc, he announced his retirement from LFC the next year. Claimed he was exhausted, understandable.
    He's handed over a relatively new & exciting young squad.
    Only really 5 Klopp era players still at the club, Alisson, Trent, Robbo, Virgil & Salah. 3 in their final year of course.
    Klopp made 4 European cup finals, Could have won 3 or even 4 PL titles. Only the Europa League trophy escaping him.

In recent times Arteta has 2 wins & draws v Klopp in his last 2 PL seasons. One of those seasons, the previous one, Klopps fail LFC season.
    They blew it v Bayern in the CL, and if we rewind the officiating last year, its arguably impacted us more so than arsenal with cituae in the pl.
    Klopp routinely bummed arsenal/arteta prior to that in the pl.

Arsenal were a laughing stock a few years ago while we were at the pinnacle of the sport.

Something changed - Is Arteta a genius? I ask because they somehow finished above in 2x out of 2 - consecutive seasons with Klopp in his 8th and 9th year.

Managing to finish within a point of Peps dopes last term and being the only side to take City to an end of season fight. A feat we almost count as more titles on these here boards

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    But they won the transfer window again, only Brighton & Ipswich net-spent more than United this past summer.
    Yep it’s the big net spend that’s hampering them

When Chelsea did it to rise from nowhere and dominate and City did it to rise from nowhere and dominate - and Real Madrid did it time and time again to dominate - it was nothing to do with spending
    Well they won it according to their fans because they net spent more than their rivals.... i think people who think that way are funny/dumb

Arsenal were a laughing stock a few years ago while we were at the pinnacle of the sport.

Something changed - Is Arteta a genius? I ask because they somehow finished above in 2x out of 2 - consecutive seasons with Klopp in his 8th and 9th year.

Managing to finish within a point of Peps dopes last term and being the only side to take City to an end of season fight. A feat we almost count as more titles on these here boards
    The first year they did it was Klopps only fail season at LFC. He retired the next season.
    Even out the underhand decisions last year in the PL and we're finishing above them. You're the one saying Arteta has overtaken us.