Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404344454647484950

Thread: Other games 2024 - 2025

Quote Originally Posted by jinky View Post
    This gloating over the current problems at old Trafford will end in tears. We're not world beaters. It's 50 / 50 who wins the league next out of us and them
    Ok then.. Ten HAG
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

This gloating over the current problems at old Trafford will end in tears. We're not world beaters. It's 50 / 50 who wins the league next out of us and them
    I get people not wanting to "tempt fate" but personally, having grown up at a time where Man United won everything and their lot thoroughly enjoyed ramming their success down our throats, I feel a wry chuckle (or exuberant celebration) of a temporarily downed enemy is absolutely fine.

I mean, if we can't enjoy them being piss-poor right now, when can we?

As to them winning a League title before us....I'd be surprised, personally, given where they are right now. They can't have had many worse teams since 73/74 (that's when they were relegated, right?) and there are a few clubs who seem to be on an upward trajectory during the current Manc malaise.

They'll be back - they're too big and too storied to f**k off completely, but they're not in a great place right now and we may as well enjoy this nice sprinkling of extra sugar on the cake that it is being a fan of Liverpool FC.

One team plays patient build up attractive football, the other, kick & rush...
    I'll put my money on Liverpool...

Delighted that Utd lost and the manner of their defeat, the current frenzied critique of Man Utd is probably justified, however we are only 6 games in but if we had lost to Utd, which tbh was not beyond the realms of possibility, we would be currently sitting here on 12 points and Utd would be on 10….

So, as good as it is to see Utd struggle so badly, and see us Top of the League, but it really is very early doors and we do have some very challenging games coming up in the next 5 games in the Premiership, so lets just see where we are after these games, before we all get too carried away… 🤔😎

Quote Originally Posted by BOBPAISLEYFAN View Post
    Delighted that Utd lost and the manner of their defeat, the current frenzied critique of Man Utd is probably justified, however we are only 6 games in but if we had lost to Utd, which tbh was not beyond the realms of possibility, we would be currently sitting here on 12 points and Utd would be on 10….

So, as good as it is to see Utd struggle so badly, and see us Top of the League, but it really is very early doors and we do have some very challenging games coming up in the next 5 games in the Premiership, so lets just see where we are after these games, before we all get too carried away… 🤔😎
    I certainly think we have it in us to drop a bollock and fade off the pace early. But we'd have to be castrated and fed our own testicles to finish behind United this season.

Whatever we do wont affect what an absolute mess of a club they are at the moment.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side