Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Bologna

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    While Gravenberch is currently our best midfielder game after game, we are still not controlling the midfield and we are allowing way too many attempts on our goal.
    Concerning
    Agree. Szobo actually played well tonight in terms of press and hunting down but we allowed them far too much of the ball.
    Not sure if it's part of the plan. Conserve energy and fly forward when the chance is on.
    It's a definite concern for when we play Arsenal and Chelsea. If we allow Arsenal as much as we did in the first half though the sloppiness and lack of concentration we'll be in trouble.
    The way we have started the season is excellent but I think we've been flattered a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Agree. Szobo actually played well tonight in terms of press and hunting down but we allowed them far too much of the ball.
    Not sure if it's part of the plan. Conserve energy and fly forward when the chance is on.
    It's a definite concern for when we play Arsenal and Chelsea. If we allow Arsenal as much as we did in the first half though the sloppiness and lack of concentration we'll be in trouble.
    The way we have started the season is excellent but I think we've been flattered a bit.

Spot on. We haven't played any side of real quality imo. Chelsea and Arsenal will show us where we really are.

Bologna a poor outfit ,had lots of time and space to work and find players, really poor finishing.
    We had no time or space and were rushed to force difficult passes.
    This is very similar to Atalanta (another poor team in my opinion), and the same against ALL the teams we struggle against.
    The reason to me is remarkably simple and obvious to see.
    My concern is if Arnie cannot see it , we are fucked !!!!
    The best friendships are built on a solid foundation of alcohol, cake, sarcasm and a dislike of the same people.

Kop outsung by a few thousand Bologna fans - who were amazing and the best spectacle on the night.

Anfield under the lights…? Hmm. Happy with the result in this Super league in all but name.

We don’t look that good at all against a small club ravaged of its best players and manager. Hopefully we are playing within ourselves but I suspect the season will end with less success than hoped for.

I will be at the Palace game on Saturday too - we need to be much better than that or we are dropping at least 2 points

And Gravenberch IS our midfield. best player in there by a country mile

Szobo was better last night but certain things frustrate me. Like early in the first half when we had a good opportunity and he tried a little through the legs flick to score and missed it completely. (Diaz also missed it)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And Gravenberch IS our midfield. best player in there by a country mile
    Looks like he could find space in a locked drawer at the minute - long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Kop outsung by a few thousand Bologna fans - who were amazing and the best spectacle on the night.

Anfield under the lights…? Hmm. Happy with the result in this Super league in all but name.

We don’t look that good at all against a small club ravaged of its best players and manager. Hopefully we are playing within ourselves but I suspect the season will end with less success than hoped for.

I will be at the Palace game on Saturday too - we need to be much better than that or we are dropping at least 2 points
    There will be a huge difference on Saturday with the travelling kop. I'd love a away day but the tickets are like hens teeth.
    Will you be the away end ?

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    There will be a huge difference on Saturday with the travelling kop. I'd love a away day but the tickets are like hens teeth.
    Will you be the away end ?
    Only just got back from Liverpool... Almost home and then mayhem on the M25!!!

Lucked out for Sat.. one of the guys I play footy with on a Friday night has been let down by a client. He often gets tickets for Chelsea games but this time it's the game at Selhurst Park... Only found out the other day. Hospitality tho - so nice food but I can't be wearing my Gerrard top.

Whenever I go to an away game - we always bring the noise. Anfield has become more and more sedate these days. It's a theme at the big clubs tho tbh. Klopp would have complained at the lack of atmosphere last night... it was a CL game FFS.. Slots first home game in the competition.. I know it was only Bologna but still.

Will be interesting to see the energy levels on Saturday. The players I mean.
    Last edited by Steveo; 3rd October 2024 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    While Gravenberch is currently our best midfielder game after game, we are still not controlling the midfield and we are allowing way too many attempts on our goal.
    Concerning
    Need to work on the pressing & counter pressing, positioning & collective positioning

This dropping off & everyone running back to the edge of or inside our box is the source of the issue for me, we drop off & let teams attack us rather than press & counter press really well & look to win it straight back