Page 888 of 888 FirstFirst ... 388788838878881882883884885886887888
Results 8,871 to 8,879 of 8879

Thread: Liverpool transfers in/out and rumours 22/23 + Contracts

Rumours of us having sent a proposal to trent but no response yet.

Losing all 3 would be a disaster for slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Not sure why we don't look into the south america leagues more, like Brazil some bargains to be had.... for some reason teams sell players that are very good rather cheap.

City are good at this.

I Mean i've just signed someone on FM for 16m and he's 23 and world class XD

Savinho' the latest, Brazil/argentina leagues

Real madrid have picked up some key players from there & barca a few- top clubs....says it all.

Luciano Rodríguez will be the next one I reckon
    Porto seem to pick a few up as well!

Liverpool have identified Borussia Dortmund forward Karim Adeyemi as a potential successor to Salah, and are ready to make a £41m bid for the 22-year-old German. (Bild - in German), external

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Liverpool have identified Borussia Dortmund forward Karim Adeyemi as a potential successor to Salah, and are ready to make a £41m bid for the 22-year-old German. (Bild - in German), external
    That is a textbook example of the risk-v-reward aspect of how we attempt to buy players.

Adeyemi looks a talent and the way we can get players at semi-sane prices where we aren't competing with Real Madrid is to get them at the stage of their career that Karim is at now - what I call the "about to blow" spell.

The problem is that he does not (yet) score goals for fun. So there is certainly risk involved if he doesn't work out, even if it's a different type of risk to the bigger fee side.

Adeyemi is the sort of player I'd be looking at if we hadn't already acquired Chiesa - excellent back-up/rotation who grows into the role as you phase out your main man.

On this subject, I'm always curious about the alternate timeline where we bought Bellingham early (instead of Dortmund) and gave him playing time, versus buying Thiago Alcantara. Would we have dared better or worse / would we be in a better spot now? As the "X player or nothing" (Tchouameni, Bellingham, Zubimendi) doesn't work. Aiming for the 10/10 players is excellent, but if they are unavailable we need to be grabbing 8/10 players from time to time, rather than simply saying "nah, nobody is good enough".

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Porto seem to pick a few up as well!
    when was the last time we did? Lucas?

Might have missed someone obvious.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Rafa tried shopping for South American bargains - Mark Gonzalez, Sebastian Leto, Emiliano Insua - for all the thanks he got. Nacional, rumoured to be our South American feeder club, sold us Sebastian Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    Rafa tried shopping for South American bargains - Mark Gonzalez, Sebastian Leto, Emiliano Insua - for all the thanks he got. Nacional, rumoured to be our South American feeder club, sold us Sebastian Coates.
    Not the best of examples, at least some good players have come from there since, well for other clubs.
    #FSGOUT

we are liverpool football club, not fucking norwich.

Trent has talked about 'becoming an elite right back' (I'm paraphrasing). I am sure Real Madrid are hovering, but I don't see that they improve players, tending to buy the finished article. (Maybe Bellingham, but he was unusually young to sign for them). But in just a few weeks we have seen that Arne Slot and his staff are exactly that, they improve the quality of the players in the squad. We have seen it most obviously with Gravenberch, but I would say also with Diaz, and Gakpo. I think Connor Bradley and Quansah will come on in leaps and bounds.
    The squad in general seem to really buy into Arne and his ideas. So If Trent wants to 'become' a world beater, he would be better off staying at Anfield.

Not sure why we don't look into the south america leagues more, like Brazil some bargains to be had.... for some reason teams sell players that are very good rather cheap.

City are good at this.

I Mean i've just signed someone on FM for 16m and he's 23 and world class XD

Savinho' the latest, Brazil/argentina leagues

Real madrid have picked up some key players from there & barca a few- top clubs....says it all.

Luciano Rodríguez will be the next one I reckon
    when was the last time we did? Lucas?

Might have missed someone obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    I've always (well, for a long time) assumed that mainland European countries don't have the restrictive work permit regulations that we have here in the UK. These regulations would I believe restrict the range of players that we could bring in.
    Portugese clubs might for example have a very good chance of picking up young players from Brazil - they speak the same language - if they don't have work permit restrictions.