Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789

Thread: Match Thread : Liverpool v Bologna

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Need to work on the pressing & counter pressing, positioning & collective positioning

This dropping off & everyone running back to the edge of or inside our box is the source of the issue for me, we drop off & let teams attack us rather than press & counter press really well & look to win it straight back
    Got away with it on Wednesday night another sloppy AF section in first half where they could and should have scored a couple.

Also - Trent was beaten far too easily on 2 occasions and didn't ever try to rectify the situation at all. So much talent but so much more needed from him. Not a chance in hell he gest away with that at the Bernabeu.

Controversial view it may be but if Trent were to leave and we brought in Frimpong I wouldn’t be suicidal. Scouser in our team or not …

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Controversial view it may be but if Trent were to leave and we brought in Frimpong I wouldn’t be suicidal. Scouser in our team or not …
    I get you.

Be a huge wrench - painful AF and the lad has an absolutely unique skill set, but there is just the slightest whiff of the luxury player about him. He needs baby sitting at times. We know what is achievable with him BUT we just don't have the same intensity to our game - or the number of guns we used to have going forward...so being more pragmatic at the back seems logical. He isn't a midfielder so this question will be on repeat until he signs up..

IF he were to go to Real (and I don't think he will) he would have to improve in certain aspects significantly. Players who don't do all of the the basics very well - simply don't last at the Bernebeu.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Only just got back from Liverpool... Almost home and then mayhem on the M25!!!

Lucked out for Sat.. one of the guys I play footy with on a Friday night has been let down by a client. He often gets tickets for Chelsea games but this time it's the game at Selhurst Park... Only found out the other day. Hospitality tho - so nice food but I can't be wearing my Gerrard top.

Whenever I go to an away game - we always bring the noise. Anfield has become more and more sedate these days. It's a theme at the big clubs tho tbh. Klopp would have complained at the lack of atmosphere last night... it was a CL game FFS.. Slots first home game in the competition.. I know it was only Bologna but still.

Will be interesting to see the energy levels on Saturday. The players I mean.
    Nice early start for you then tomorrow morning then. Just bring back the 3 points.