Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2225262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Agree. Thought Diaz was poor until Nunez went off. Then he stepped up massively. Was it a case of being upstaged by the big new signing? That goal was outstanding. Gerrardesque.
    That goal reminded me of a mirror image of Sadio's debut goal against arsenal.

I think Diaz is a bit confused about his role on the pitch and where he should be playing since Nunez came. Ironically when he was sent off, Diaz was back to his old self.

Did anybody see the pre match interview by the Sky bloke with Jurgen, he ( Jurgen) was a bit snappy when asked about the reasons for starting Nunez. He said he had no other strikers. He also, as did Milly post match refer to “ things that had happened “ in the week building up to the match. I’m sure they were simply miffed at some of the injuries but strange that they both referred to it. I think he is just a bit pissed off with the injury count.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    Did anybody see the pre match interview by the Sky bloke with Jurgen, he ( Jurgen) was a bit snappy when asked about the reasons for starting Nunez. He said he had no other strikers. He also, as did Milly post match refer to “ things that had happened “ in the week building up to the match. I’m sure they were simply miffed at some of the injuries but strange that they both referred to it. I think he is just a bit pissed off with the injury count.
    He has said to a couple of different press people about "it felt like a Witch in the building" in terms of lots of little niggly injuries.

Pre-season management of the squad clearly didn't go quite as well as it could have done, but it's done now - hopefully we start getting them back sooner or later.

On the goal we conceded last night, anyone wonder why we have to tey play that as offside? I mean vvd is supposed to be one of the quickest defenders around. He can see everything develop in for t so couldn't he drop off and get across without the risk of the offside? I'm not blaming vvd for the trying to catch them offside as I'm sure it's the plan from klopp, but it is very risky and we have been caught a few times with it. Maybe not enough to be worried about it?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    On the goal we conceded last night, anyone wonder why we have to tey play that as offside? I mean vvd is supposed to be one of the quickest defenders around. He can see everything develop in for t so couldn't he drop off and get across without the risk of the offside? I'm not blaming vvd for the trying to catch them offside as I'm sure it's the plan from klopp, but it is very risky and we have been caught a few times with it. Maybe not enough to be worried about it?
    90+ points in three of the last four years and 3 European Cup finals suggests it isn't a problem...
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    90+ points in three of the last four years and 3 European Cup finals suggests it isn't a problem...
    As I said, maybe we are not getting caught enough for it to be a worry now. Hopefully we don't concede too many more like it this season. But it seems an unnecessary risk to me when that ball could have been easily det with by vvd.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    If it was Konate or Gomez instead of Nat im not sure Zaha scores that.

Playing Nat should mean we drop deeper to avoid it as Palace tried it a few times.

It was a great goal - taken as well as any Mané or Salah break away

As with virtually every game in which we drop points, we had more than enough good chances to win that game, whatever Palace did at the other end.