Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2124252627282930313233343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajax v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thing about all this is Mane plays his best by a considerable distance at LFWD, his relentless closing down and lung busting runs back to defend are a big part of that and Jota doesn't do those things and you'd be giving away a lot defensively and offensively as Jota is a great signing as I said he would be, but he's nowhere near Mane's class

Same with CCTVs continual banging on about a 4231, that lad plays too much Championship manager. our forwards greatest strength and ability is their runs and movement and runs in behind the opposition defence, you're just taking that completely away from them lining up 4231 and restricting the space available for our full backs to move into to be found with the switch balls
    I've never played championship manager

Mane was explosive on the right and offers so much defensively.
    Hes improved an awful lot since he arrived at the club.

Mane moved to the left to accommodate Salah and could easily play rwf/ram again to accommodate getting Jota in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's played 4-3-3 all the time he's been here, and maybe at Mainz and Dortmund too, so i can't really see him changing from that anytime soon.
    Klopp mostly played 4231 at Dormund iirc and played 4231 here plenty. Hes played 433 more than 4231 here.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Probably thinks he has something to prove.
    I'd find that odd. He'll never displace Ali as first choice and we all know he's a capable and experienced deputy, if a non-trivial step down in terms of quality.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Most systems are the same you can make up all the formations you want and call it this and that.
    The only difference is when you play 3 at the back. and 2 up front.. a 4/4/2 is the same as 4/3/3 if one of your forwards drop into midfield.When your attacking and both forwards attack its a 4/4/2, Just the same as 4/3/3. Player do move around.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I'd find that odd. He'll never displace Ali as first choice and we all know he's a capable and experienced deputy, if a non-trivial step down in terms of quality.
    Yes we all know what he's capable of ....... unfortunately.

We always want our best players out there. Unfortunately, our best keeper is injured, so we may as well get behind Adrian while he's deputising.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Yes we all know what he's capable of ....... unfortunately.
    How many reserve goalies in the PL are better than him, Noods? A reserve goalie is expected to not play regularly. I'd rather save the dosh for some other position. Adrian is very good for a backup I think. On par with the Mig and probably better if he gets a run of games.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

How many reserve goalies in the PL are better than him, Noods? A reserve goalie is expected to not play regularly. I'd rather save the dosh for some other position. Adrian is very good for a backup I think. On par with the Mig and probably better if he gets a run of games.
    Indeed, allison must be the most injured goalie of late??

We've had years off shite keepers, the minute we get the best about he then gets injured. It's so bloody hard to watch a 2nd rate keeper playing never mind a centre half playing in front of him.
    The minute the ball goes back to him or a ball gets lobbed in In Shitting myself !!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I've never played championship manager

Mane was explosive on the right and offers so much defensively.
    Hes improved an awful lot since he arrived at the club.

Mane moved to the left to accommodate Salah and could easily play rwf/ram again to accommodate getting Jota in the side.
    Ok, so, where is the space for the left or right of your 3 and the space our forward create for our full backs move into?

The other tean line up 4231, they push both full backs a little further forward to be always close enough to the left and right of your 3 to stop them making runs in behind them or receiving the ball easy and turning and are quickly supported by on of their 2 to completely snuff them out easily, and you've now got, icluding 1 or 2 of their 3 coming back, 6 opposition players and 3 or 4 of ours, TEN players in the are between the centre circle and the opposition box, where is the space for Robbo and Trent, for players to be released in with our switch balls and for Thiago to thread balls through?

Sorry to rain on your parade/fantasy but if you're looking for a way to make it far easier for opposition sides to completely nullify our greatest strenths and win the ball a lot easier to release players either side or your 2, what you continually suggest is an absolute gift for every opposition manager and player
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”