Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brighton home draw - postmatch discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The fabulous one would've made a huge difference yesterday. He was sorely missed.
    Hmmm, not sure about that one, part of our problem, a big part of it was Jones and Oxlade charging to wherever the ball was and failing to be in good and proper pressing positions for the majority of the game following Keita having to go off, that's exactly the problem we have with Fab, Hendo one side of him and Gini the other masked him doing that a lot, as they were both scanning and looking where the danger was and picking up his slack, now Gini's gone and we only have Hendo who reads the game and scans the pitch and sees what's coming or potentially coming and tracks runners, as Gini did also, I always consider it as risk when Fab starts, he was a disaster v Brentford and City and cost of 4 goals over the 2 games
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Jones is fine in a decent trio Oxlade Chamberlain isn’t up to the job. What is he? A midfielder? a forward?

Look at Brighton's first goal, Jones charges to a player he doesn't need to because that's where the ball is, then charges back to another player because that's where the ball is, when there were already THREE players in attendance, leaving the player who should have been his man as LCM completely free for the ball to be laid back to having already had good time to pick his spot and decide what he wanted to do

Both Ox and jones were absolutely atrocious in the press and counter press. it was like having 2 Fab's out there, charging to the player with the ball, when another one or two of our players already had it in hand, and leaving the player they should have been picking up completely free in their area

Robbo needs to hold the fucking line, he needs a fucking bollocking, Miller's been on his case about it, the second goal he plays both their players on, then actually reacts quickly and gets to Trossard and just has to stand up taking a position he can't go past him or put the ball past him for another player, help is coming, he doesn't have to try and win it and get bummed there

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Hmmm, not sure about that one, part of our problem, a big part of it was Jones and Oxlade charging to wherever the ball was and failing to be in good and proper pressing positions for the majority of the game following Keita having to go off, that's exactly the problem we have with Fab, Hendo one side of him and Gini the other masked him doing that a lot, as they were both scanning and looking where the danger was and picking up his slack, now Gini's gone and we only have Hendo who reads the game and scans the pitch and sees what's coming or potentially coming and tracks runners, as Gini did also, I always consider it as risk when Fab starts, he was a disaster v Brentford and City and cost of 4 goals over the 2 games
    There's a surprise.

There's a surprise.
    LMAO

can't even be arsed to reply to that, what's the point

pretty obvious he would of made a difference, considering the midfield was non-existant

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Jones is fine in a decent trio Oxlade Chamberlain isn’t up to the job. What is he? A midfielder? a forward?
    I think he played as a right winger at Arsenal more often than not. They reckon Chelsea wanted him as a right wing back, a position he wasn't keen on so he came here.

So many fucking times in this game (extended highlights again) when the right pass and the space and the best and quickest possible route to goal is to the centre and it goes wide, some really really poor decision making in the press and in passing, mostly from Jones, Oxlade, Robbo and Bobby

Bobby there, it's a 3 v 3 he just slowly moving forward towards two of their 3 obviously waiting for Mane, then plays a woeful pass wide, he needs to be fucking driving towards their area in situations like that, drawing both of those players to him to then release Mane if that's what he wants to do

We were really poor second half, but our system and playing at our best is built on pressing and counter pressing, and when we have even one player who isn't doing it right, things can go a wry, but when there's 2 not doing it anything like right, being nowhere near on it and they're both in midfield, well, it fucks everything up

@19
    Jones had a poor game yesterday, so did Hendo. Jones has been our best midfielder in a good few games already this season. Expecting him to cover for Oxlade Chamberlain and Hendo at 6 - is hugely unfair especially when he played on Wednesday in an awful lineup that somehow beat Preston.

The entire midfield was pants yesterday let’s be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    I thought virgil was poor for their second goal. His reaction was very slow to the ball played in behind. He was slow on the turn to cover back. I know he is coming back from a serious injury but right now his reactions aren't where they need to be.
    Robbo played both their lads on, then having got to Trossard just had to hold him up and not dive in and try and win it

I was very surprised to see alot of the crowd leaving with at least 5 minutes to go. I bet it was locals as well !!
    Apparently they left before a massive fight broke out over people calling each other resident experts