Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 125255565758596061626364656667686972 ... LastLast

Thread: Sign Here to Give Mo Salah Whatever the f#*k

Salah’s form has been poor for months now, we can’t afford to carry a player performing so poorly for so long and expect to be the cheats to the league title.
    Poor form normally last a few weeks/games, Salah scored in one game in 13 I think it is now. Yet he’s spouting in interviews about being the best in the world. Bit cringy that.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Yeah so easy to replace his goals Insidious,
    I know that it isn't. I'm not suggesting that it would be.

But the drop-off of losing Salah compared to losing star players in our past wouldn't be AS big I feel (losing Suarez was awful for example) when you bear in mind that the squad is full of quality players.

We are also one of the most attractive destinations in football right now, which we could hardly have said in the likes of 10/11 or 12/13 etc.

We would adapt and overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    We'd definitely miss him if a replacement didn't hit the ground running.
    Form is temporary.
    See my response to justme.

I would also add, as good as Salah is, that if we look at his goal-scoring form since January and what we have achieved in a serious run of games now, that we have a capacity to cope - not that I want to "drive him to the airport myself" or any of that nonsense. I want him here if he is willing.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but since (including) January I think he has managed 7 goals in the Premier league - two against Leeds in the 6-0, two against Man United in the 4-0, one against Norwich, one against Brighton and one in the 2-2 with Chelsea.

Our record over the last 17 League games is something like (I need to check to be sure!) 14 wins, 3 draws, no losses.

Salah is important, yes.
    Salah scores goals, yes.
    Salah works bloody hard, yes.
    I want Salah to stay here.

Nobody is irreplaceable mind. Nobody.

Excuse me I'm irreplaceable

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    See my response to justme.

I would also add, as good as Salah is, that if we look at his goal-scoring form since January and what we have achieved in a serious run of games now, that we have a capacity to cope - not that I want to "drive him to the airport myself" or any of that nonsense. I want him here if he is willing.

Now, correct me if I am wrong, but since (including) January I think he has managed 7 goals in the Premier league - two against Leeds in the 6-0, two against Man United in the 4-0, one against Norwich, one against Brighton and one in the 2-2 with Chelsea.

Our record over the last 17 League games is something like (I need to check to be sure!) 14 wins, 3 draws, no losses.

Salah is important, yes.
    Salah scores goals, yes.
    Salah works bloody hard, yes.
    I want Salah to stay here.

Nobody is irreplaceable mind. Nobody.
    You're right there when you point out how we've actually done since his form dropped off.
    We would cope yes but it wouldnt be long for people to say it was a mistake letting him go if we hit a sticky patch.

I wonder if Mane in the middle is going to be the long term plan? Can't think of any player who's right sided that's anywhere near Mo's class but I'm sure there's a plan in place.

As the days go by it does look more likely that he will leave rather than sign. If that "I'm the best" was a message to the club about his contract he's made a big Booboo. If he plays a blinder in the final of the CL then there's food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    I know that it isn't. I'm not suggesting that it would be.

But the drop-off of losing Salah compared to losing star players in our past wouldn't be AS big I feel (losing Suarez was awful for example) when you bear in mind that the squad is full of quality players.

We are also one of the most attractive destinations in football right now, which we could hardly have said in the likes of 10/11 or 12/13 etc.

We would adapt and overcome.
    Thats your opinion.. we are still one midfielder short this season. Its amazing we've done so well. The players are fked having too play more minutes because the other midfielders aint up to it
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    You're right there when you point out how we've actually done since his form dropped off.
    We would cope yes but it wouldnt be long for people to say it was a mistake letting him go if we hit a sticky patch.
    That'll always happen. Our fans will likely start to get a bit more spoilt at times as our consistency remains.

We've lost 2 League games all season, having reached all possible Finals in the Cups. There will be a small portion of Reds out there who still can't admire what the side is doing, which is pretty Bananas.

Hopefully it's a good Summer anyway in terms of sorting contracts, hopefully adding Tchouameni etc. The more we continue to do good business, the better-protected we are against setbacks. I'd love Salah's contract sorted but if we end up having to weigh up a sale I'd trust our Club and Manager to work around the problem more than almost any other Club in Football.

We have been incredible Sid and surely the team is deserving of all the admiration, whatever happens from here on in.

I am sure those who seem unable to do so are most likely just showing that same desire that Shankly spoke about. Wanting to win the bloody lot.

The aim is for the rest to give up and submit..

Nothing is good enough for Liverpool.

Never forget where it all began. This man, this man who saw that Scouse spirit, and turned it into an irresistable force.

Privileged to play for you...