Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 115154555657585960616263646566676871 ... LastLast

Thread: Captain

Agree Miller. Its a conundrum.
    Ability wise people might say its not so hard but the overall package is probably impossible.
    Hes s one off for us, like you say a different captain to Gerrard but a fabulous one at that.

I like Rice, very good and would be even better under someone like Klopp and playing alongside top class players. Looked nailed on for Chelsea but that's kind of gone quiet now.

Henderson played in the draws against Fulham WBA Newcastle and Man Utd. What makes people think he would have made a difference against Burnley?
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

It’s a good question Sky. He also played in both losses to Atletico.

Can’t begrudge him though. He has been a great example to the entire squad. The way he managed to change up a good few levels is admirable - think a few others followed suit. Just think it has taken a toll on him. It has on the whole squad to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Henderson played in the draws against Fulham WBA Newcastle and Man Utd. What makes people think he would have made a difference against Burnley?
    You've already stated it!

We might not have lost...putting a further dent in our confidence...our postponing the inevitable

Just because we lost or drew some games with him in the team it doesn’t detract from the fact that currently we are better with him in the team. Barcelona lose with Messi in the team, Real used to lose with Ronaldo, we used to lose with Souness in the team, or Dalglish or Rush but all were better with those players on the pitch.

I read a journo saying yesterday without Hendo the team was quiet.

So organising is one key skill set he has and I remember Stuart Pearce saying when he was U21 manager how much of a leader he was.

Pearce as crap a manager as he is also stuck up for Jordan when he was getting stick saying he is a quality midfielder.

He might not be a Modric but he has been a superb player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Can’t begrudge him though. He has been a great example to the entire squad. The way he managed to change up a good few levels is admirable - think a few others followed suit. Just think it has taken a toll on him. It has on the whole squad to be fair.
    That is also down to Klopp improving his game, and he took a few years too. Apart from 2013-14 when a lot of players had their best seasons for us, he was average under Rodgers, the same in his first season under Dalglish. If Keita would have continued the form that prompted the club to sign him, i think it was he who was under most threat for his place. Luckily for Henderson, Keita has been average or injured for most of his time here. You've all got your views on Henderson, and i've got mine. I won't change your minds, and you won't change mine.
    Last edited by skyebo; 23rd January 2021 at 01:05 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

1st leg, played out of CM, which was the main part of our problem as the distribution our players had become used to from CM wasn't there, while all the runs for it all still very much were, 2nd leg played at CM and we were winning when he was subbed
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I read a journo saying yesterday without Hendo the team was quiet.

So organising is one key skill set he has and I remember Stuart Pearce saying when he was U21 manager how much of a leader he was.

Pearce as crap a manager as he is also stuck up for Jordan when he was getting stick saying he is a quality midfielder.

He might not be a Modric but he has been a superb player for us.
    he's been very quiet since we've been in poor form tbh not seen him shout or anything, maybe i'm just blind

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Because he organises and gets the team playing better the vast majority of the time
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”