Page 73 of 113 FirstFirst ... 236366676869707172737475767778798083 ... LastLast

Thread: The demise of Manchester United

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    All on their last group game away to Leipzig now, unfortunately i think they'll probably win

Cavani is a very good signing for them, i would have liked us to offload Origi and get him on a free on a 2 year deal if i'm honest, especially with the crossing ability we have in our side
    I dont remember anyone saying such at the time they signed him.

I find it amusing to watch. Ole is clearly out of his debt.But Woodward doesnt seem to have the balls to sack him. Then you have the likes of Pogba who aint signed an extended contract.They are in a huge mess and long may it continue
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I find it amusing to watch. Ole is clearly out of his debt.But Woodward doesnt seem to have the balls to sack him. Then you have the likes of Pogba who aint signed an extended contract.They are in a huge mess and long may it continue
    I think he's done for if he doesn't get a point at Leipzig. The best thing for us was the start he made as caretaker manager, he's done very little since they decided he was good enough to get it permanently.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Fook em!

Apparently Ole never wanted va der beek (or what ever his name is). Imagine if Klopp had someone else buying players he didn't agree with? It just wouldnt happen. I heard he was recommended Salah and decided to go along with their opinion and it turned out great. But the buck stops with him..
    Edwards wanted Firmino and Rodgers wanted Benteke. Shows how good Edwards is and Rodgers isnt.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Klopp would just walk out. Like he reportedly threatened to when it was suggested that Amazon make their documentary series on LFC.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Think the EL is a more likely avenue for winning a trophy for them this season.
    It's a win-win situation imo for them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I think he's done for if he doesn't get a point at Leipzig. The best thing for us was the start he made as caretaker manager, he's done very little since they decided he was good enough to get it permanently.
    That start was under no pressure. He was a punt manager. Utd were out of everything. Reminded me a bit of us in the past. Put together unbeaten runs when there's nothing left to play for.

Anytime they are pressured they fold.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

On talk sport earlier they were talking about how Jose was actually doing well there and it was his behaviour, not his development of the team that got him sacked. At the moment, the media is a bit excited that he has cracked the formula at Spurs and shown that class is permanent etc. They were then talking about the three best managers in the world that Utd needed to choose from, but this misses the basic point that they have admitted themselves and which I keep returning to.

Remember Jose himself said the manager needed to be aligned with the board. It doesn't matter how good the manager is, if the board has lost is way, it's acuity and/or its potency, the manager will fail, like Jose did. The same will happen to Talksport's pick of the best three managers that could be acquired - Pochettino, Conte or Simeone.

In my opinion, Klopp would not succeed there at the moment. Who disagrees?
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    On talk sport earlier they were talking about how Jose was actually doing well there and it was his behaviour, not his development of the team that got him sacked. At the moment, the media is a bit excited that he has cracked the formula at Spurs and shown that class is permanent etc. They were then talking about the three best managers in the world that Utd needed to choose from, but this misses the basic point that they have admitted themselves and which I keep returning to.

Remember Jose himself said the manager needed to be aligned with the board. It doesn't matter how good the manager is, if the board has lost is way, it's acuity and/or its potency, the manager will fail, like Jose did. The same will happen to Talksport's pick of the best three managers that could be acquired - Pochettino, Conte or Simeone.

In my opinion, Klopp would not succeed there at the moment. Who disagrees?
    No-one would succeed there with that squad. Whoever gets it next has a big rebuilding job with another few hundred million needed. It's happened to us between 1990 and 2020.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Depends on what you mean by succeed. Klopp can get them top4 and won't finish 30 points adrift from the title.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non