Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142434445464750 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Madrid v Liverpool (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agree with the sentiment on the need for a number 9 - I have been banging that drum since 2018!!

But seriously - Phillips and Kabak are not going to get us top 4 and they are not going to get us last Madrid....

Not unless Real drop a bollock
    Unfortunately you are correct. They are not top level defenders right now. If Phillips stays he should 4th to 5th choice. I wouldnt like depend on him lóng term.

Trent was very poor in that 1st half. His defending was atrocious.

Mane looks shot. He is arguing more and more which is never a good sign. His attitude has changed this year.

Mané is gone - Klopp just hoping for some magic - let’s face it - we are looking for more miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Starting Naby was the biggest problem. We played really well against Arsenal with Milner and Thiago Starting then they are both left out which changed the whole style of play.
    That’s my opinion as well. I’m a bit old school, but I’ve always believed that you don’t change a winning side unless it’s enforced. We should have started with the 11 that won at Arsenal. Keita isn’t even match fit.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I think the first goal was very good football by Real. A cracking goal all round by them.
    I was surprised how good they were, though when you give Kroos and Modric that much time on the ball they will hurt you.

Mané is gone - Klopp just hoping for some magic - let’s face it - we are looking for more miracles.
    He barely ran without the ball tonight. He must be going. Get the feeling there a few issues behind the scenes. Either that or the hunger is gone and will need to be dethroned and have the pride stung to recover the fire. I think we’re in a bit of trouble

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    That’s my opinion as well. I’m a bit old school, but I’ve always believed that you don’t change a winning side unless it’s enforced. We should have started with the 11 that won at Arsenal. Keita isn’t even match fit.
    Maybe Milner playing 2 games in 4 days Jurgen thought it was too much. But Kroos and Modric played quite well and they're knocking on a bit.

Totally disagree eggy, I think we’re in a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I think the first goal was very good football by Real. A cracking goal all round by them.
    I was surprised how good they were, though when you give Kroos and Modric that much time on the ball they will hurt you.
    Jota should have been pressing him as soon as the ball went to him, it's Kroos, that's how his type of player have always played for Germany, drop in to make a 3 and can play balls like that effortlessly, Zidane might change up and go with a 3 next game, but if he goes the same again I hope that's noted
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's not happening. We won't be keeping a clean sheet against Madrid and I don't see us scoring 3. This season has been a complete disaster.

Mane has been the biggest surprise to me. He has been so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    He barely ran without the ball tonight. He must be going. Get the feeling there a few issues behind the scenes. Either that or the hunger is gone and will need to be dethroned and have the pride stung to recover the fire. I think we’re in a bit of trouble
    To put it politely, He looks fucked!!
    Too much football these past 3 season has taken it's toll.