Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread : Wolves v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Here's a question for youse

If you were offered the chance and able to magically do so, would you swap our squad as it is right now with the squad of Chelsea, as it is right now?
    It's a good question, maybe one for its own thread, title: Top3 squads and race thoroughly befitting of a potentially misleading and clickbait title

For me chelseas squad would be the one to weather the toll of injuries best. Just seems to have a great mix in its squad to adapt and get an 11 out.
    Cities whilst having flashier depth than ourselves has an aguerro hole and that's worse than a gini hole as I see it.
    We have the strongest 11 hands down.
    We don't have a single 50 mill fullback to put on the bench but where and when they've played our back up has done well.

Presently I'd have it LFC, chelsea then city as my preferences of the 3 were I to get the call in the morning. That's based on the squads and perhaps a little bias in favour of LFC. In a way the city job seems boring.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Hes an absolute one off, someone obviously will follow him but I very much doubt they'll be anywhere close to the impact he's had on LFC. 100% in the pantheon alongside Shanks, Paisley and Kenny.
    I, like most of us dread the day he goes.
    That's going to be the major issue, FSG just do NOT realise what they have in Klopp, they should be backing him to build the best possible squad he can, because as I pointed out with Rangnick's musings on Klopp, what he doesn't account for is the charisma and personality of a few very very special managers who get more out of their players playing the same systems and tactics than others can, a lot more

Post Jurgen everyone is going to be going after us and we need a far far better team than the one we have now to sustain challenging and regularly being in the Champions League latter stages, because there will without doubt be a drop off in the levels of performance

They, FSG are unwittingly setting themselves and us up for an almighty fall if they don't wake up to what they have and make sure they use that to put themselves in a far stronger position for what comes after that now, starting in January
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Very funny, I moan like a mother fucker, not especially during the game cunting players off as some indulge in, because once Jurgen's picked his team, even if you don't like the inclusion of some players or don't rate them and know they are a potential liability, you just have to support whatever he's put out and hope for the best and that he can get them to perform to the levels he can and win the day

Back to yesterday's game, another part of the problem I think was clear, is the issue of losing the runs in behind and our forwards, who are forwards for a 433 not wingers for a 4231 picking the ball up in positions with players in front of them like wingers in a 4231 far FAR too often instead of being able to make their runs in behind, it is something that I discussed numerous times with CCTV who has longer for a 4231 even though it isn't the best use of our players all the while Jurgen has been here, the only player in enables to play at their best levels is Fabinho, should how one player in our entire squad is able to play at their best dictate how all the others have to? Not for me, not ever

Jurgen has a real boner for Fab, it's clear to me at least he isn't a No6 who can play in a high pressing 433 in a fluid midfield 3, so as Jurgen will continually play him and not seek to recruit other players in his place who can play his preferred system better and to higher levels, I am perfectly happy for us to play the 4-2 something, as long as we ensure our forwards, at least 2 of them are making their runs in behind and we're supporting that by trying to connect them and not spending most of the game operating as wingers receiving the ball far further from goal
    After the Origi for Hendo sub, I'd have subbed on Milner for Robbo playing Mane lwb in a 343.

Matip Fab VVD
    Trent Milner Thiago Mane
    Salah Origi Jota

Think that would have worked better for us than the 4231.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    It's a good question, maybe one for its own thread, title: Top3 squads and race thoroughly befitting of a potentially misleading and clickbait title

For me chelseas squad would be the one to weather the toll of injuries best. Just seems to have a great mix in its squad to adapt and get an 11 out.
    Cities whilst having flashier depth than ourselves has an aguerro hole and that's worse than a gini hole as I see it.
    We have the strongest 11 hands down.
    We don't have a single 50 mill fullback to put on the bench but where and when they've played our back up has done well.

Presently I'd have it LFC, chelsea then city as my preferences of the 3 were I to get the call in the morning. That's based on the squads and perhaps a little bias in favour of LFC. In a way the city job seems boring.
    thanks for answering

No bother

Will never tire of this
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

Will never tire of this
    Quality Looking forward to inside Anfield extensive coverage of our benches reaction
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

Will never tire of this
    Bloody fantastic. It’s a super great control and finish by our guardian angel..and that instant touch, control-set-up by Mo on the run is just out of this world.

The reaction on the bench….priceless

Mo’s touch, pace and assist…wow.

Virgils ball over,Mos touch, Origods finish. Awesome goal.
    Mine looked thrilled. Nart! I don't like that at all, it's shit. Look at Mo though, he's buzzing. I said on Saturday to DOC or Crimson that I think Mane is in one with Mo again. I don't think I'm wrong,big fucking baby like him off Toy Story 3.

BTW. I'd love to take credit forthe Origod name but I can't, I nicked it off Facebook. This guy was deadly serious saying if he was Greek he'd be called 'Origod'. I thought it was mint.