Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: But I thought FSG had no money?

But I thought FSG had no money?

Who says that FSG and John Henry are skint?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32646194/fenway-sports-group-advanced-talks-purchase-pittsburgh-penguins-source-says

To be fair though, Ice Hockey teams are probably the least expensive, or of the least worth of all the 4 major American sports.
    (Still more valuable than your mid-range (non-Big 6) Premier League team, though)

But still, you can't spare a few quid to buy Jurgen a midfielder to replace Gini and attacking cover?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    But still, you can't spare a few quid to buy Jurgen a midfielder to replace Gini and attacking cover?
    Wouldn't the midfielder (or forward) have had to have been a Homegrown player on account of us being "full" in the foreign player quota for our Premier League squad? Homegrown players that are good enough to improve our starting XI that aren't owned by direct rivals who would be unwilling to sell for anything less than way-above-the-going-rate would be few and far between. Man City (not that I'd want him back) aren't going to sell us Sterling for example.

Which leaves us needing to move a player or two on, which is all very well if clubs are willing to buy them - which they weren't. Genuine offers for lads like Origi didn't really materialise.

Karius will depart soon which will free up a slot, which hopefully gives us a little wiggle-room.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Who says that FSG and John Henry are skint?

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/32646194/fenway-sports-group-advanced-talks-purchase-pittsburgh-penguins-source-says

To be fair though, Ice Hockey teams are probably the least expensive, or of the least worth of all the 4 major American sports.
    (Still more valuable than your mid-range (non-Big 6) Premier League team, though)

Good point.

Certainly, they are not skint, like all billionaires, Henry's vast loot only came to fruition via extreme creative use in escaping/evading tax laws. It really is that simple. Unlike Roman, he isn't willing to put his own dosh down. This is simply the reality of the franchise ownership model. This is strictly business. Banking in effect. The second critical mass is reached and the club's value is at the accepted peak - it will be sold off to WHOEVER pays the highest price. In the meantime, they can cream in revenues in other areas by association with the huge brand of Liverpool FC. Win WIn.

The fact that so many Liverpool fans don't see it this way has no bearing on the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Good point.

Certainly, they are not skint, like all billionaires, Henry's vast loot only came to fruition via extreme creative use in escaping/evading tax laws. It really is that simple. Unlike Roman, he isn't willing to put his own dosh down. This is simply the reality of the franchise ownership model. This is strictly business. Banking in effect. The second critical mass is reached and the club's value is at the accepted peak - it will be sold off to WHOEVER pays the highest price. In the meantime, they can cream in revenues in other areas by association with the huge brand of Liverpool FC. Win WIn.

The fact that so many Liverpool fans don't see it this way has no bearing on the reality.
    Might get sold to an owner who will put their own money in... then we'll all be happy
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Might get sold to an owner who will put their own money in... then we'll all be happy
    Or, like Newcastle to a pariah state that can whitewash everything with money. No thanks. Would prefer FSG IF they could just prioritize key signings a bit more, leaving the manager to manage and not try to sell off a kidney to pay for heart surgery.

Pandemic not hurting everyone it seems..

Liverpool owner John W Henry sees wealth grow £581m in seven months
    ByDave Powell
    12:21, 28 OCT 2021

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...henry-21994407

#notthatskint

He’s not that skint because he doesn’t throw money at a football club, he wants to run it purely as a profit making part of the FSG empire.
    When they see the value start to plateau because of lack of investment I imagine they will sell.
    That moment is not yet here.

What would we be worth at this stage. 3billion. 2 for sure. Has a football club this big ever been sold?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Wouldn't the midfielder (or forward) have had to have been a Homegrown player on account of us being "full" in the foreign player quota for our Premier League squad? Homegrown players that are good enough to improve our starting XI that aren't owned by direct rivals who would be unwilling to sell for anything less than way-above-the-going-rate would be few and far between. Man City (not that I'd want him back) aren't going to sell us Sterling for example.

Which leaves us needing to move a player or two on, which is all very well if clubs are willing to buy them - which they weren't. Genuine offers for lads like Origi didn't really materialise.

Karius will depart soon which will free up a slot, which hopefully gives us a little wiggle-room.
    They dont have to be registered. If we signed Mbappe in January we could simply not register Origi. We'd still have him on th e books we just couldn't play him (in the prem and CL).

I'm assuming Karius isn't registered. Otherwise we'd have nearly 1/5 of our squad registered as keepers!
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Or, like Newcastle to a pariah state that can whitewash everything with money. No thanks. Would prefer FSG IF they could just prioritize key signings a bit more, leaving the manager to manage and not try to sell off a kidney to pay for heart surgery.
    Yes, however, looking across owners - their seems to be about 3 or 4 different types of owners

- Mega Rich - Saudi's, Roman A - money no object
    - "Franchise"/US business type - FSG - run like a business
    - Personally wealthy investors/small scale - put their own money in but are much smaller scales and don't pay big transfer fees

I guess we are looking for a FSG ++ - willing to invest and potentially operate at a loss with the view that prize money will lead to greater revenues.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"