Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: November International Bollix

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know - as we all know in football anything is possible in a game. I would put my mortgage on the fact that Luxembourg wouldn’t have prayer against Wales over 2 legs. I mean it’s a pub team.
    Tbf at this stage we are a tier or 2 below England and the tier 1 teams so we should be their potential banana skin games and then somehow the teams below us need to have the odd opportunity to play the likes of us Wales Northern Irelan without coming up against tier 1 teams too often. It’d be complicated to work out a very fair system. Luxembourg or faroes playing England Germany etc does no one any good.

I think people mainly say that about Gerrard because he stayed at Liverpool. Had he gone to Spain opinions may have changed. There was absolutely no one in World football I would have selected ahead of Gerrard on my team sheet, at his peak if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I think people mainly say that about Gerrard because he stayed at Liverpool. Had he gone to Spain opinions may have changed. There was absolutely no one in World football I would have selected ahead of Gerrard on my team sheet, at his peak if that helps.
    I think you could be right on Stevie G. He had that outstanding talent. Agree also that he would get selected by almost any manager on the planet at the time - he was that good.

His was a rare case though it has to be said. Thinking back he probably was one of the best players in the world although he fell a bit short on the International stage.

He was a very rare case mate

I think you could be right on Stevie G. He had that outstanding talent. Agree also that he would get selected by almost any manager on the planet at the time - he was that good.

His was a rare case though it has to be said. Thinking back he probably was one of the best players in the world although he fell a bit short on the International stage.
    You can put that down to England managers even Lampard/Scholes struggled too.

I never judge any player on international footy some raise their game.

I mean Trent is probably 3rd or 4th choice RB for waistcoat let that sink in.

Sorry dude. Just used it to highlight how small some of these nations are.

San Marino FFS! They used to be an anomaly - but now we have the Baltic states - the Faroes, Gib-fekin-bralter, plus half a Czechoslovakia now broken into 2 - a Yugoslavia broken into 7 (seven)… plus Andorra, Luxembourg… just too many minnows creating so many more games.

Just awaiting Vatican City to give it a go too.
    Come on, Vatican City wouldn't have a prayer..

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    Come on, Vatican City wouldn't have a prayer..
    Supporters in all 4 corners of the globe…, have some faith for heavens sake..

Four corners of the globe.
    Very droll.

Anyone see Antonio's goal Jamiaca against the US? Wow an absolute bullet. The best part though was the team mate who followed it up by trying wallop it into the net and fell over. Lolzball.

Lolzball of the season so far.