Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle v Liverpool (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Well stats wise like Modric he doesnt but we both know they were world class.

Take a look at the league there isnt many who score/create KDB the obvious example.
    Some people need to take a look at how the one team who have a midfield player who is currently creating, assisting, and scoring is doing at the moment, almost entirely as a result of that one player's performances alone.

If we had a player or two who added a fraction of what they do, we'd probably currently be way ahead of the chasing pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Very true Skyebo..

For the record and to be fair to 19 - much of what he says about the game is spot on and has merit. I just feel personally he goes:

OTT on Hendo’s pluses - Agent perhaps?

OTT on Fabinho weaknesses in the middle - IMO we miss him there

OTT on the negative Gomez at CB

All valid opinions but not in alignment with my own.

That apart - it’s all sound
    Answer the Fabinho question then Steveo

Why after Christmas 2018 into 2019, less than halfway through his first season were opposition sides able to consistently make easy transitions and counter us down our right?

Why was it necessary for Jurgen to bring Hendo in at RCM to stop that happening if Fab is good enough at DM?

Why in Fabs absence with Hendo CM Gini LCM and any one of Keita, Ox, Milner and even Lallana at RCM in games, WITH Trent consistently even higher up the pitch than he ever was when Fab was at DM was that issue not happening at all?

These aren't my opinions, it's what actually happened historically, so what's your explanation?

Also why when LCM and RCM had been high pressing far more in Fabs absence, why did easy transitions through the player CM was responsible for in the press immediately start happening as soon as Fab was brought back in?

Again not an opinion, what actually happened, 4 times at least in his first game back v Southampton him losing Dnepro (spell)
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez is simple, he's not a very good defender, he's very quick and great at winning most balls through channels and into areas when it's a foot race, but when sides have actual good posession in our half and he has to read it and take the right positions and make the right decisions he's hopeless, he's also weak in the air in both boxes at set pieces

I'm a great believer in if a player comes in and plays consistently better than another who's out and most importantly the team plays better as a result of that players presence in the side, that they keep the shirt

Gomez never did that, Matip is a miles better defender the Gomez, better in the air in both boxes, better on the deck, better at stepping into midfield to challenge players when needed, miles better at reading it, positioning and decision makingand makes us even more potent at attacking set pieces and even more solid at defensive ones

What was his record his last 4 games offensively 1 goal and 2 assists?

As soon as Matip was fit last season he should have been in the team or getting minutes to get full match fitness with Gomez moving to RB and Trent getting a few minutes rest

This season's issues can't be helped, but last seasons fuck ups of bringing Fab back in and not bringing Matip back in that got us knocked out of the Champions League were major league fuck ups
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Gomez was starting to show some form the end of last season.. Hes an excellent defender when he get a run of games. That can be said for plenty of footballers.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Anyway 19x your a complete bull-shitter. You know facts? something that seems to escape you when your in one of your agenda moods. The TWO main reasons we got knocked out of the champions league last season ONE the forwards missed countless chances and TWO adrian made 2 glaring errors.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Some people need to take a look at how the one team who have a midfield player who is currently creating, assisting, and scoring is doing at the moment, almost entirely as a result of that one player's performances alone.

If we had a player or two who added a fraction of what they do, we'd probably currently be way ahead of the chasing pack.
    I take it you mean Bruno, if we had someone with his record we would be but would he fit our system.

The biggest issue we have is CB as it is affecting the way we play and if two of the three were fit we would have more points.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I take it you mean Bruno, if we had someone with his record we would be but would he fit our system.

The biggest issue we have is CB as it is affecting the way we play and if two of the three were fit we would have more points.
    Why can't the midfield do something? we have to rely on the CBS??

hopefully we won't be debating about this in a few weeks, because thiago is the answer

I'm sure we can do more than route one stuff

Next season v strong teams hendo fab thiago, v weak teams hendo thiago ox imo heck fabinho could drop to CB instead of being dropped completely, depending who/if we bring in..

Or replace keita/ox with someone who's fit and good, but that's not gonna happen

hoping we pick it up again from the last few games, and thiago is the answer I really do!

Just need to get southampton out the way with then a nice break, (kids in fa cup i assume)

I feel like i'm repeating myself now so will leave this debate, hopefully like I said, thiago is the game changer!
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st January 2021 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why can't the midfield do something? we have to rely on the CBS??

hopefully we won't be debating about this in a few weeks, because thiago is the answer

I'm sure we can do more than route one stuff

Next season v strong teams hendo fab thiago, v weak teams hendo thiago ox imo heck fabinho could drop to CB instead of being dropped completely, depending who/if we bring in..

Or replace keita/ox with someone who's fit and good, but that's not gonna happen

hoping we pick it up again from the last few games, and thiago is the answer I really do!

Just need to get southampton out the way with then a nice break, (kids in fa cup i assume)
    The midfield can do something they are a huge part of why we have done well.

Onto CBs we now have nobody with pace so it means we either drop deeper or both full backs dont go at the same time.

WBA/Newcastle just hit a long ball into a channel and both young CBs were left for dead if Gomez is there that tactic doesnt work and we continue our onslaught.

We do have creative players Ox Keita Thiago but what can Klopp do when they are injured ???

We are having a great season when you think what we have been up against.

Do I think we will do it ? No I dont.

Our midfield I KNOW is good enough but i'll be honest our CBs arent and that is my honest opinion.

When everyone is fit it's fine, obviously not at the moment, i don't see us conceding tons of goals??

I know it's not just about that though.

My honest opinion is we're missing Thiago in midfield for the creaitivty, and we shouldn't have to pass back to the cb's over and over, hoping they find a route one ball to salah or mane...

I'm looking forward to the day everyone is fit, if that ever happens and we create from midfield and even score a few, firmino gets back to his best upfront like he showed a couple of games, and trent is on it, robbo always is on it, and VVD back

we'll be able to make shit happen from CM/CB/Full backs and of course firmino!

Despite everything said here, if we could of been just half as clinical if not less as we was against palace, we'd be way ahead and have 6 pts from 2 not 2 from 2..

Salah and mane have a lot to blame for TBH but you know, it's like being angry at a cute Puppy... you can't really because without them we probably wouldn't of even had all the chances
    Last edited by Kev0909; 1st January 2021 at 12:10 PM.

I agree Thiago is a key player and he is used to winning trophies.

Our defence isnt letting many in maybe due to teams not attacking us much due to not wanting to leave space for our front three.

Without Matip even someone like Ole is going to get them lumping passes over the top for "Rashy" to run onto.

We BADLY need Matip back for that game.