Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Trent Alexander-Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    For fuck's sake!

After the season we've had and after all the COVID infections and all, why would anyone in our team want to do this in their summer?
    If I were either player I would have issued the FA with notice of my retirement from international football after the 2-2 v the bitters and the FA review of it upholding the VAR officials decisions even though Virgil and Mane were both onside and the footage really very clearly shows Prickford takes his eyes off the ball, focus on Virgil and then proceed quite deliberately to take him out with a 2 footed lunge with no attempt whatsoever to play the ball

Add would have informed them that my retirement was permanent until such time as they addressed the 'anyone but Liverpool' and 'When United do well, we all do well' issues within their organisation, the referees association and the Premier League

Thiago was also injured for a long spell as a result of a challenge by Richarlieson he would never have made had Prickford's challenge been officiating accordingly

Hendo was injured as a result of the referee in the second game against the bitters letting their players persistently commit fouls on our players without punishment or awarding a free kick, Dacoure held and dragged back Henderson for full 10 seconds as he tried to drive the ball forward and the referee did nothing and finally belatedly blew for a foul when he saw the foul he had allowed to continue had cause hendo to pull up injured and bloody Hendo's been working his bollocks off to get fit to represent the FA's England team!
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Bring all our players home.. fk these international shit fixtures and what the hell is happening holding the Copa America in Brazil?.. no way bring them all on home
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    This is exactly what the fuck I meant when I said I was happy he was left off the team, when we initially thought he was.

How about for once take a cue from some of the senior players in your own team like Virgil who's deemed his fitness coming back from injury and the long-term health of his literal playing career more important than going to compete for some tin pot cup competition with national team physios who've nowt a clue about how to deal with your body like your club physios do, and fucking opt out of playing?

Hey Trent!!!

That's God sending you a fucking hint!
    TAKE IT!!!

You too, Jordan.
    There's nothing there for either of youse anyway.

For fuck's sake!
    After the season we've had and after all the COVID infections and all, why would anyone in our team want to do this in their summer?
    Brilliant post CD and totally agree.

Don't hold back brov...lolol

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Sad for the lad if he misses the euros but better for us. Southgate obviously doesn’t rate him.
    Depends on the severity of the injury I guess - I (selfishly) wish Trent hadn't been picked - he'd have had recovery time this Summer and would start 21/22 with a fire lit under his ass, the sort of "extra 5%" that rubs off on other players and can see you win 8 games from 10 to lay down a marker that we are League challengers again.

Instead (again, depending on severity of injury) he could be missing part of pre-season, or beginning it with a lot of rust to shake off, nagging doubts about sprinting/turning and so on.

Can't blame a lad for wanting to play for his country of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Depends on the severity of the injury I guess - I (selfishly) wish Trent hadn't been picked - he'd have had recovery time this Summer and would start 21/22 with a fire lit under his ass, the sort of "extra 5%" that rubs off on other players and can see you win 8 games from 10 to lay down a marker that we are League challengers again.

Instead (again, depending on severity of injury) he could be missing part of pre-season, or beginning it with a lot of rust to shake off, nagging doubts about sprinting/turning and so on.

Can't blame a lad for wanting to play for his country of course.
    Same - it's still a cap for Trent and great experience for a young player to play in the Euros BUT I hope he returns to the club and has a summer on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    Same - it's still a cap for Trent and great experience for a young player to play in the Euros BUT I hope he returns to the club and has a summer on the beach.
    Formby

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Formby
    lol - great beach and red squirrels.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Formby
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post
    lol - great beach and red squirrels.
    Any Pine Marten around?