Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    3rd place not too shabby 😁😁😁
    3rd place, and we've conceded less goal than Ushited, whilst not being able to field our strongest back 4 for most of the season !
    Getting there.

Completely disagree , I don’t think he got bummed by Zaha in the slightest , think he has a been brilliant , think alongside VVD who has got all the pace and skills from the back something to be said for a defender who puts his head on every corner , is composed and defends like his life depends on it , would have him as one of the four CB for next season and if he was next to Virgil I think he would flourish.

Looks like Kabak wont be signing.. So that leaves us Virgil Matip Gomez Phillips and R-Williams Theres rumours of Konate (sp).
    You cant rely on Matip or Gomez..so best to keep Phillips and get one more defender in
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Ouch eh Steveo, I bet that's smarting a bit

@19

This is a time to be pretty overjoyed - no?? I know this household is.

This is almost like winning something - almost - after the dire position we were in just a few weeks ago.

I get the very real sense that you are a little put out by the fact that we hit the best form of the last 18 months minus Captain fantastic.

If not then why else are you continuing to pursue this crap? To what end?

Don’t take it personally - it doesn’t mean Hendo is surplus to requirements. Quite the opposite - but please stop inventing your phoney narratives and transporting them onto others.

Let it go mate - this will do you no good.
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd May 2021 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Rumours that Kabak might be back for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    And Klopp saying Jota is a possible too. It will be tough no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Might be worth risking these players as it's the last game.
    Absolutely - we need to throw the kitchen sink at them. Whatever it takes.
    If you are referring to my kitchen sink comment -

The comment was to skyebo and in direct reference to any risk association with playing Jota despite him being touch and go - for the last and most crucial game.

We need to win - and in recent months scoring has proved tough against stubborn defences - the more striking threat we can utilise the better. But I guess you would contest even this.
    Oh sorry, you weren't suggesting starting Jota ahead of players in better form who all have a happy knack of scoring against Palace, my bad, you can surely see it reads as though that's what you were suggesting
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Yes read it 19... Read it again and again - and then read the messages once more again - until it makes sense..

We needed to have as mush firepower as possible. And he did get on the bench too - Klopp even got him in for a minute or two.

Whatever it takes. Absolutely.

The point being that it wouldn’t be such a risk to put Jota in the squad despite not being 100% - but as it was the last game of the season - and so much was riding on it - why not throw him in? We needed to win the game no..? Or am I imagining this?

We did need to throw the kitchen sink at them - and for spells we did just that. We got the goals - happy days..

What is your beef exactly?
    Last edited by Steveo; 23rd May 2021 at 08:18 PM.

Oh sorry, you weren't suggesting starting Jota ahead of players in better form who all have a happy knack of scoring against Palace, my bad, you can surely see it reads as though that's what you were suggesting
    You’d create a narrative out of anything. Very talented.

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    I must admit, and I don’t think I’m alone, but I didn’t think we could do it. Fair play to the players.
    Thought we could do it from 11 games out but at the time I thought 11 wins would get us 2nd spot.

Well, well, well, kitchen sink indeed

I do know a thing or two about this game Suck it up my mule
    Think this little tune belongs to you 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyEvuULDFs&vl=en

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    We won 26 out of 30 points in our last 10 games to get to this.
    That's 8 wins and 2 draws, and only dropping 4 points in the run.

That's what bringing it when you have to looks like.
    The hardest steel is made in the hottest fires.

Just look at Klopp's tenure and the amount of difficult situations this side has come up against, yet still prevailed.

From April 14th of 2016 (the 4-3 at Anfield against Dortmund) or arguably the earlier date of January 23rd of 2016 (the 5-4 against Norwich) we have been crushing it in the majority of pressure situations. We don't succeed every time (Atletico and Real Madrid say "hello") but setbacks are a part of the process as well.

In military terms we are "battle-hardened" and the best bit is that some of the younger players (Trent is still just 22!) who will be part of our future are experiencing it.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay