Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324

Thread: Liverpool v Crystal Palace Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyliver View Post
    Completely disagree , I don’t think he got bummed by Zaha in the slightest , think he has a been brilliant , think alongside VVD who has got all the pace and skills from the back something to be said for a defender who puts his head on every corner , is composed and defends like his life depends on it , would have him as one of the four CB for next season and if he was next to Virgil I think he would flourish.
    This all day.

His ability to head the ball whenever it comes in, alongside VVD Will be a good partnership if we don’t sign anyone else at CB. Reads the ball better than Gomez IMO.

I remember VVD getting”bummed” a few times by a much much smaller Sterling and getting shoved off the ball. Just because he isn’t a big money signing, doesn’t mean he won’t do the job. Matip was free and he’s decent, when fit

It was also good to see our patched-up defence get properly patched-up during the game and carry on regardless.
    Hope NAT and Rhys are both OK today.

Who ever clashes heads with Phillips will need a metal plate in their skull.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Good to have that fear about you!

I loved that about Phillips, too many pussies at the top of the game, I knocked 2 players clean out in mid air contesting headers, he spots the ball and fucking heads it, doesn't care who's coming in, if he might get caught or clash heads, just heads it with 100% conviction, best way, plus you're more likely to get hurt going for a header half arsed
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I loved that about Phillips, too many pussies at the top of the game, I knocked 2 players clean out in mid air contesting headers, he spots the ball and fucking heads it, doesn't care who's coming in, if he might get caught or clash heads, just heads it with 100% conviction, best way, plus you're more likely to get hurt going for a header half arsed
    And Virgil has been seen to be man-handled by those little-uns.
    Beauty and the Beast at CB is a good combination.

I keep thinking he's going to smash Alisson whenever I watch the replay of the winner against West Brom.