Page 70 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20606364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    And to think Brenny wanted to swap him for Clint Dempsey. Clueless.
    Rodgers decision making on players leaves a lot to be desired. Kenny saw how good Henderson was going to be and how good Suarez was.. Suarez was a rising star.. But there are good players who flatter to deceive and truly world class players and he was.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Do you think that was also due to having American owners? Either way, he’s a clueless twat who got lucky getting the Liverpool job

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Do you think that was also due to having American owners? Either way, he’s a clueless twat who got lucky getting the Liverpool job and then the Celtic job while Rangers were relegated and then Leicester job inheriting a great squad and some fantastic products of their youth academy
    Yep, the luckiest most overrated manager alive
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Yep, the luckiest most overrated manager alive
    An FA Cup winning manager, personally I think You're being a tad harsh. Yes he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's not the worst about.

To be fair Brendan needed players to perform now, rather than wait for them to develop. Dempsey was a senior player. Henderson was still young, more potential than finished article and it just about raised eyebrows among a few fans. He didn't really become "Hendo" for another 5 years. But credit to Comolli where it's due!

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydd View Post
    To be fair Brendan needed players to perform now, rather than wait for them to develop. Dempsey was a senior player. Henderson was still young, more potential than finished article and it just about raised eyebrows among a few fans. He didn't really become "Hendo" for another 5 years. But credit to Comolli where it's due!
    And much credit due to Roy Keane for seeing him through his early and difficult years?

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    And much credit due to Roy Keane for seeing him through his early and difficult years?
    If you like, but that has nothing to do with LFC

Still drastically underrated by far too many, I've watched a fair amount of games, although because I'm currently looking after my Mother and Father pretty much full time, not always all of the games I have managed to watch. What stands out for me re Hendo is he's probably the best player out there for consistency and accuracy of those medium to long balls over the top from deep and his switches.

Seen a lot of players, very highly rated, considered baller types try those balls, and fail miserably, they do have other types of passing in different situations Hendo doesn't have in his locker, but at those type of balls, I've yet to see anyone come close

The latest was Veratti in the Italy game, which I managed to watch all of, he must have tried 10-15 balls over the top in behind and switches without getting any of them right and the guy's a class player, just demonstrates that playing those balls with the accuracy and consistency Hendo has for us isn't as easy as people seem to think

In honesty it's something I was keeping an eye on all last season, in the League and Champions League also, Hendo's unquestionably right up there as one of the very best at those type of balsl

I think most recognise his qualities and how well he has done for us - especially of late.

Despite what you like to believe I love Henderson to bits. I only highlight negatives because I feel you go ott. Think he is a great guy - I just don't believe his technical ability is of the highest order. Wish he could shoot better too. But he is absolutely vital for us and IMO he absolutely should not be playing for sodding England in this daft tournament. We are too soft

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I think most recognise his qualities and how well he has done for us - especially of late.

Despite what you like to believe I love Henderson to bits. I only highlight negatives because I feel you go ott. Think he is a great guy - I just don't believe his technical ability is of the highest order. Wish he could shoot better too. But he is absolutely vital for us and IMO he absolutely should not be playing for sodding England in this daft tournament. We are too soft
    I don't claim and have never claimed Hendo's a baller, but he is brilliant at those medium to longer balls over the top, even when teams are on their 18 yard box and switches, whatever you think of his technique or how sexy or not it looks, he's absolutely top class at that particular type of pass and delivers it with greater accuracy and consistency than any other player out there and those type of passes are very important for us

Hendo's also incredible at pressing and counter pressing and organising the players around him to be at higher levels in their part of it

Hendo shouldn't be with England at all, I agree, twat face doesn't play him anyway, if Southgate had any balls or sense he'd play 433, put Hendo at No6 and have him heavily involved during training organising the rest of the rabble into pressing properly.

You're also correct England aren't technically great, front foot aggressive pressing and counter pressing and being more direct AND using the attacking full backs they have is their game and best chance as going as far as possible, but Southgate doesn't and won't use them like that, so no point Hendo being there, he should be on holiday