Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Great post.

Just 2 things though - I know it keeps being stated but I am not sure it’s 3 great years. Not in the history of the club.

Had a good run to the CL final in 17/18 - think Spurs 18/19.

Last 2 seasons:
    We were epic in 18/19
    Made of steel in 19/20
    It could have been an epic 4 year period really when you take into account the europa run too. The teams cycle is ending. Time to refresh as many of us have said for months now. Like I love milky but to see him still starting even with his recent muscle problems is a bit galling and his age is showing this year. Not a 90 minute man anymore

Didn’t even make top 4 that year and only squeezed into 4th in 17/18. Great fun - but a great Liverpool season.. ??

We are romantics.

The Klopp years could easily have been 4 great years and counting - it’s the penny pinching that has halved it. It will be the penny pinching that shortens his time with us too.

Didn’t even make top 4 that year and only squeezed into 4th in 17/18. Great fun - but a great Liverpool season.. ??

We are romantics.

The Klopp years could easily have been 4 great years and counting - it’s the penny pinching that has halved it. It will be the penny pinching that shortens his time with us too.
    It was a great start to a decent era. And these have been great years in comparison to anything seen around here since 1990 steveo. Don’t forget that. The days of Liverpool fc being the all conquering dominant force in England and Europe over a sustained 10 year period are long gone and likely to never be back. Now it’s cycles. We’ve had a little run and yes could have won more but we did well to get the 2 big ones. Time to build the next hit at it now.

Edit: 05 notwithstanding

I think you might be forgetting Rafa and his teams mate.

No way you are going to tell me that reaching the Europa final and losing is A great season and beyond anything since 1990 - how about compared to the treble under The late Houllier or the CL final in 2005 and again in 2007??

Sorry but FSG have got an army of PR that has led many to believe we last existed in 1990. The Yanks are great at that. But don’t buy it.

It is nonsense - we were the highest rated team in Europe in 2008.

The great years consist of 2 great years! Let’s be real. And this with the best manager on the planet. At least to my mind.
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    No wonder every other set of fans likes to laugh at us and sticks the boot in.
    Go back to last season and see how many decisions went in our favour. Nobody was complaining about refs or VAR then. We have had some go against us but like injuries so has every other team.
    It just makes you sound bitter and delusional. We are where we are. Theres 3 instances where we've been robbed. Yesterday on the first goal,Everton and Brighton. So that 4 or possibly 6/7 points. Other teams can more than likely say the same. We robbed Fulham of 2 points getting a penalty that shouldn't have been given.
    VAR and refs have nothing to do with how this team is currently performing.
    See the part of my post referring to half wits being manipulated by media influence to accept the unacceptable and being a part of it becoming normalised

Name me on single instance of a so called subjective decision going in our favour this season? Fulham isn't one, that was the correct application of the new rules on handball, as we saw with the pen given against Gomez v City, deeply unpopular all round, but the correct decision

Of our VAR decisions last season name me the ones which when reviewed and seeing the footage were wrong decisions or applied for us but not other sides

If VAR review things and apply them the same for us as they do other clubs then there's no issue, but that hasn't been the case and what is your apologist explanation for VAR reviews when the footage very clearly shows something black and white like an offside being called incorrectly?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

No way you are going to tell me that reaching the Europa final and losing is A great season and beyond anything since 1990 - how about compared to the treble under The late Houllier or the CL final in 2005 and again in 2007??

Sorry but FSG have got an army of PR that has led many to believe we last exists we in 1990.

The great years consist of 2 great years! Let’s be real. And this with the best manager on the planet. At least to my mind.
    Ratings are nonsense too, USA regularly rated in the top 4 rankings, they have never won a competition in their existence.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Ratings are nonsense too, USA regularly rated in the top 4 rankings, they have never won a competition in their existence.
    We nearly won the pissing title in 2009 FFS beating a superb United 1:4 at Old Toilet....!

Won the European Cup in 2005 NUMBER 5 the FA Cup in 2006 and were beaten Finalists in 2007 CL.!!

Have some of you totally lost leave of your senses?

FSG have done a number on so many of yous.

It’s like there is a void in your brains. Everything between 1990 and 2010 wiped out..
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 02:22 PM.

Sorry but FSG have got an army of PR that has led many to believe we last existed in 1990. The Yanks are great at that. But don’t buy it.

We last existed as a league and European cup winning team in succession in 1984. I’m not arguing anything other than it’s been two great years. But it has been years of constant upwards trajectories until now under klopp that hadn’t been seen since rafas team. It’s been a good spell for the club. I’m not even arguing that it’s down to the tanks. It’s obviously down to klopp

We nearly won the pissing title in 2009 FFS beating a superb United 1:4 at Old Toilet....!

Won’t the European Cup in 2005 the FA Cup in 2006 and were beaten Finalists in 2007

Have some of you totally lost leave of your senses?

FSG have done a number on so many of yous
    Thanks for the history lesson, but i'm aware of those things. My point is ratings count for nothing, they don't win you trophies, what happens ON the field does. FSG haven't done a number on me, i can see it from both sides, not just the one.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Re Eggy's post was it or was it not the case in both our recent games against the filthy that there were numerous times when Rashford was very clearly offside, yet the assistant and refs allowed play to continue another 15-30 seconds and in many of the instances never blew at all, but just let us restart from a throw in or goal kick when their attack came to nothing

Yet in the same 2 games Mane and Mo were immediately flagged offside 5 or 6 times and a free kick awarded when in each instance they were not clearly offside

What are your apologist explanations for that?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”