Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We nearly won the pissing title in 2009 FFS beating a superb United 1:4 at Old Toilet....!

Won the European Cup in 2005 NUMBER 5 the FA Cup in 2006 and were beaten Finalists in 2007 CL.!!

Have some of you totally lost leave of your senses?

FSG have done a number on so many of yous.

It’s like there is a void in your brains. Everything between 1990 and 2010 wiped out..
    Hicks and Gillette were great owners!!

The upward trajectory begins with Jurgen Klopp.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Hicks and Gillette were great owners!!
    They were the worst owners imaginable and their appalling behaviour is part of why FSG have had it so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    The upward trajectory begins with Jurgen Klopp.
    Where have I argued otherwise?

Why do the glazers get slagged off it's not like they don't put much money into the club?

they're basically a bigger FSG in america and here

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    See the part of my post referring to half wits being manipulated by media influence to accept the unacceptable and being a part of it becoming normalised

Name me on single instance of a so called subjective decision going in our favour this season? Fulham isn't one, that was the correct application of the new rules on handball, as we saw with the pen given against Gomez v City, deeply unpopular all round, but the correct decision

Of our VAR decisions last season name me the ones which when reviewed and seeing the footage were wrong decisions or applied for us but not other sides

If VAR review things and apply them the same for us as they do other clubs then there's no issue, but that hasn't been the case and what is your apologist explanation for VAR reviews when the footage very clearly shows something black and white like an offside being called incorrectly?
    Those handball aren't being given now. Therefore we've benefitted twice from a ridiculous rule in the first place. We got a penalty against Leeds for the same thing which gained us points. Thats 4 points we've gained which we wouldnt be gaining now.
    We scored a goal against City after Trent handballed it in the box last season, forget that one too?

You need to look at both sides of the argument and take your red specs off. Decisions will go against teams with or without VAR, thats the way it is.
    We got some suspect VAR decisions last year, the game against Wolves I can think of straight away, there will be more but you conveniently forget them dont you. They are the types of decision you're complaining about now, both Wolves felt hard done by with that but that was that. They didn't go on about it forevermore.
    Start looking at our own short comings instead of blaming officials. You say we "bossed" the game yet created zilch in terms of chances. Thats where the issue is.

If there was this crazy conspiracy that you are alluding to do you not think there would be other people aside from LFC fans picking up on it? Or is every person aside from Liverpool fans just doesn't see it?
    Nobody on here is manipulated by the media, they just accept things for what they are. There is no conspiracy against Liverpool.
    Last edited by teesred; 14th February 2021 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    Thanks for the history lesson, but i'm aware of those things. My point is ratings count for nothing, they don't win you trophies, what happens ON the field does. FSG haven't done a number on me, i can see it from both sides, not just the one.
    We were ranked highest in Europe because we successively reached minimum CL Semi finals for a good stretch and 2 finals in 3 seasons.

Nothing like the ridiculous FIFA rankings based on games between Brazil and Luxembourg.

The difference is striking.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Where have I argued otherwise?
    Think wires are crossed - I am not saying you are. I was simply stating that we have really only been Great - IMO for 2 years at a push. In terms of winning and being consistent in the league.

Also that we have not had the best 4 years since 1990. May have misread you
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Why do the glazers get slagged off it's not like they don't put much money into the club?

they're basically a bigger FSG in america and here
    They have seen a downturn naturally after Fergy.

So much of this revolves around the manager.

You're getting a bit confused Tees, you've just admitted that at the time those handballs were given, it was the rule of how it was to be applied, so we haven't gained anything the correct decision has been made

Re Trent both instances were ball to hand, they reviewed his movement over 3 or 4 seconds and founf correctly that his hand was not in an unnatural position and he hadn't put them out to try and make himself bigger, again as the law was written and interpreted at that time, so again we weren't given anything but the correct decision
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”