Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Subjective/subjectivity

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think wires are crossed - I am not saying you are. I was simply stating that we have really only been Great - IMO for 2 years at a push. In terms of winning and being consistent until he league.

Also that we have not had the best 4 years since 1990. May have misread you
    Indeed you can only class the 2 years we actually won big trophies as great years but I was only illustrating the immediate impact klopp had for us by reaching that final so soon and that we’d progressed every year from then until now or probably last February when we fell away in reality

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Indeed you can only class the 2 years we actually won big trophies as great years but I was only illustrating the immediate impact klopp had for us by reaching that final so soon and that we’d progressed every year from then until now or probably last February when we fell away in reality
    Sorry my mistake. Blame it on the Jura I can’t stop drinking..

Totally agree

Everton Virgil and Mane offside, Pickford not seeing red - Explain please Tees

You're now saying Brighton pen v Robbo was correct? So we should of course have had 2 v Southampton and 1 yesterday?
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

What I can't understand is defenders carrying out Heimlich Manoeuvres on Mo, and getting away with it on almost every occasion. Then there was yesterday's push on Sadio which wasn't in any way subtle.
    Sometimes things are given, other times they aren't. Why is that the case?
    Depends on what team(s), what referee, who's running VAR. It's a fecking lottery, and it's not supposed to be.

Didn’t even make top 4 that year and only squeezed into 4th in 17/18. Great fun - but a great Liverpool season.. ??

We are romantics.

The Klopp years could easily have been 4 great years and counting - it’s the penny pinching that has halved it. It will be the penny pinching that shortens his time with us too.
    A great liverpool season in the modern era - reaching a cl final only better by winning it as in 04/05.

This January is the only time hes appeared frustrated in interviews regarding transfers. His mum was dying and he had no centre backs due to more injuries to Matip & Fabinho on top of VVD & Gomez.

His net spend on transfers is a little over half the net spend for the same amount of years prior to his term.
    He said he wanted to work with what he had and build a team organically.

The club sacked Roy. Hired Kenny backed him, fired him to many fans disgust. But imo the league form wasn't manifesting in results and Kenny answered an sos when the club was in turmoil. Kenny had no desire to be a manager otherwise.
    Hired Rodgers and fired Rodgers after a season and a bit. Again Rodgers was backed more heavily in net spend and although the 14/15 season was impaired due to the end of Sturridge as a footballer they gave him the opportunity to start the 15/16 season. Fans, myself included felt at the end of the 14/15 season it was time to go...
    The idea that Klopp is under any real threat of being sacked seem very fanciful imo. We've seen the owners have patience with previous managers and this season in its context will be understood by them. Klopp has brought success to the club in actual trophies of note and will stay here for the foreseeable future. The risk of Kloop leaving is more realistic than him being fired imo.
    I don't expect him to leave but bereavement can be a strange thing.

Jurgen was available and the club sought him as manager. I remember he was the fans choice, I also remember N4C and others saying he was beyond our reach. That he could go to any of the really rich clubs.
    But Klopps a romantic and not a big fan of the entitled attitudes that are present at Bayern, Real, Barca and City now.
    The project of arriving at LFC was appealing as he is a romantic and he enjoys the support. The support which he bravely called out for leaving early and cause him to feel alone. No doubt his feeling alone was really over egged and he was simply conveying his demands through a manner. Don't fucking leave as its disrespectful to my team and each and every player.
    That took some balls imo and it's unlikely he hasn't got the same nerve when dealing with others like the owners or the press.

He had raised eye brows at the sight of Pogba arriving at Manu. A fee which eventually we almost matched and given the positions of Alisson and Virgil we effectively matched. Football fees inflate naturally but as we all know, the oil rich owned clubs have all inflated fees beyond its usual rate. Klopp seems aware of the market even if he hates the inflation.

All in all it seems like you, or other people, genuinely love Klopp but fail to understand the man. A fiscally conservative and romantic legend.
    If he wanted to buy success he would have had better offers. City had built towards signing pep, but Klopp could have sat on his arse and taken a job with Bayern, Real, Barca, Manu, PSG, Chelsea, Juventus.
    But he got off his arse and ended his year break to take the reigns here.

He started this season in good form, albeit moaning about no preseason due to covid rescheduling.

The season has been a fucking dire one. Losing virgil that day he looked shook. Losing virgil to pickford, who wasn't sent off as virgil was deemed to be offside by var and pickfords tackle wasn't deemed to meet the threshold of violent and dangerous play, whereby the rule of offside isn't a matter. Virgil being the crown jewel in his empire and most important addition.

So in summary, if people understand Klopp better imo they might see our net spend as a Klopp impact. A man who demanded we not lose money selling on failed players as we had done before and a man that demanded every penny from selling on potential future stars of the game. A man that loves the challenge of dethroning the incumbents.

Imo he had moved up after Dortmund with lfc in terms of potential financials. He also would have learned from dortmund and endeavoured to end his typical 7year stint in a more glorious fashion. Leaving the club stronger and not letting situations develop where he lost key players on free transfers.
    So far bar selling Phil for an extraordinary fee he has managed to keep a squad galvanised and prevented any exodus.

You can't the fiscally conservative romantic German and have something else.
    I do hope he continues to adapt to the modern game and can land a big commercial cash cow. If not we'll just have to put up with Jurgen being Jurgen

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    What I can't understand is defenders carrying out Heimlich Manoeuvres on Mo, and getting away with it on almost every occasion. Then there was yesterday's push on Sadio which wasn't in any way subtle.
    Sometimes things are given, other times they aren't. Why is that the case?
    Depends on what team(s), what referee, who's running VAR. It's a fecking lottery, and it's not supposed to be.
    Because it's humans coming to those decisions, what one person sees another won't. You will rarely get accuracies when outcomes are based on opinions and not fact. We didn't need VAR.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

@CC with respect some of the above is clearly well wide of the Mark also you are talking about the wrong season.. FFS

Also even if we look at the wrong season - how is 2018 better than 2007?
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    A great liverpool season in the modern era - reaching a cl final only better by winning it as in 04/05.

This January is the only time hes appeared frustrated in interviews regarding transfers. His mum was dying and he had no centre backs due to more injuries to Matip & Fabinho on top of VVD & Gomez.

His net spend on transfers is a little over half the net spend for the same amount of years prior to his term.
    He said he wanted to work with what he had and build a team organically.

The club sacked Roy. Hired Kenny backed him, fired him to many fans disgust. But imo the league form wasn't manifesting in results and Kenny answered an sos when the club was in turmoil. Kenny had no desire to be a manager otherwise.
    Hired Rodgers and fired Rodgers after a season and a bit. Again Rodgers was backed more heavily in net spend and although the 14/15 season was impaired due to the end of Sturridge as a footballer they gave him the opportunity to start the 15/16 season. Fans, myself included felt at the end of the 14/15 season it was time to go...
    The idea that Klopp is under any real threat of being sacked seem very fanciful imo. We've seen the owners have patience with previous managers and this season in its context will be understood by them. Klopp has brought success to the club in actual trophies of note and will stay here for the foreseeable future. The risk of Kloop leaving is more realistic than him being fired imo.
    I don't expect him to leave but bereavement can be a strange thing.

Jurgen was available and the club sought him as manager. I remember he was the fans choice, I also remember N4C and others saying he was beyond our reach. That he could go to any of the really rich clubs.
    But Klopps a romantic and not a big fan of the entitled attitudes that are present at Bayern, Real, Barca and City now.
    The project of arriving at LFC was appealing as he is a romantic and he enjoys the support. The support which he bravely called out for leaving early and cause him to feel alone. No doubt his feeling alone was really over egged and he was simply conveying his demands through a manner. Don't fucking leave as its disrespectful to my team and each and every player.
    That took some balls imo and it's unlikely he hasn't got the same nerve when dealing with others like the owners or the press.

He had raised eye brows at the sight of Pogba arriving at Manu. A fee which eventually we almost matched and given the positions of Alisson and Virgil we effectively matched. Football fees inflate naturally but as we all know, the oil rich owned clubs have all inflated fees beyond its usual rate. Klopp seems aware of the market even if he hates the inflation.

All in all it seems like you, or other people, genuinely love Klopp but fail to understand the man. A fiscally conservative and romantic legend.
    If he wanted to buy success he would have had better offers. City had built towards signing pep, but Klopp could have sat on his arse and taken a job with Bayern, Real, Barca, Manu, PSG, Chelsea, Juventus.
    But he got off his arse and ended his year break to take the reigns here.

He started this season in good form, albeit moaning about no preseason due to covid rescheduling.

The season has been a fucking dire one. Losing virgil that day he looked shook. Losing virgil to pickford, who wasn't sent off as virgil was deemed to be offside by var and pickfords tackle wasn't deemed to meet the threshold of violent and dangerous play, whereby the rule of offside isn't a matter. Virgil being the crown jewel in his empire and most important addition.

So in summary, if people understand Klopp better imo they might see our net spend as a Klopp impact. A man who demanded we not lose money selling on failed players as we had done before and a man that demanded every penny from selling on potential future stars of the game. A man that loves the challenge of dethroning the incumbents.

Imo he had moved up after Dortmund with lfc in terms of potential financials. He also would have learned from dortmund and endeavoured to end his typical 7year stint in a more glorious fashion. Leaving the club stronger and not letting situations develop where he lost key players on free transfers.
    So far bar selling Phil for an extraordinary fee he has managed to keep a squad galvanised and prevented any exodus.

You can't the fiscally conservative romantic German and have something else.
    I do hope he continues to adapt to the modern game and can land a big commercial cash cow. If not we'll just have to put up with Jurgen being Jurgen
    We all know Dalglish's sacking wasn't just down to results, those T shirts and the backing of a racist played a bigger part in that. Had he finished in the top 4 the owners would have been in a dilemma, finishing 7th in the table made their decision easier.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

@CC with respect some of the above is clearly well wide of the mark.

If you believe that reaching the Europa League final and losing - and missing out on top 4 is a better year than 2006 or 2007 - then I cannot help.
    First decent European run and final since... On his way to building a great side. If you can't appreciate that season, galvanising the fans, restoring belief and enjoyment then maybe hes not the manager you are looking for.

I don't believe they were better seasons than those years, stop fighting windmills

2006 Knocked out of CL by Chelsea win FA Cup finish 3rd!

2009 wasn’t a better season?
    Almost win the title - destroy Real Madrid 5:0 on aggregate..! Lose to Chelsea 1/4 final CL..

Seriously?

You sound like a 12 year old living in the woods
    Last edited by Steveo; 14th February 2021 at 03:11 PM.