Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Premier League table VAR applied correctly and honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We did pretty well in those first 25/30 games as I recall.
    We did, but those calls were the correct calls after going to VAR, we also still had more given against us than go for us over the season, they were still the right calls, tiny margins of offside etc, but when it was being applied fairly and correctly, it was the same for everyone, that is simply not the case this season

Cast your mind back to our disallowed goal v Wolves, which was given as a goal on review

Anthony Taylor no surprises there, blew his whistle for what he thought was a handball by Lallana, it went to VAR the footage clearly showing Lallana had not in fact handballed, but had controlled the ball with his shoulder to assist Mane for his goal v Wolves and Taylor's decision was rightly and correctly overturned. That wasn't us being given something by VAR, that was a clear and obvious error that VAR corrected

If that was this season, it would have been a very quick review, with the broadcaster not showing the same comprehensive footage of the replays and Taylor's incorrect decision and clear and obvious error would have stood

It is a form of match fixing, they think they're being very clever and they can do as they wish and are a law unto themselves, but there is absolutely a case to be made for it being match fixing and they should face investigation, not by FIFA or UEFA, but by the police

Given the wealth of evidence of the alleged 'subjective' decisions being given 95% of the time for the exact same fouls in the exact same positions and situations and not being given when those same fouls in the same situations are happening to our players, including all the 'course of the game' fouls, like the constant holding and wrestling of our players, when in other games those offences are blown up for almost immediately and are in our games if it's one of our players who is deemed to be committing them, it is match fixing, and the CPS would have more than enough to prosecute for it being

Now I used to complain about decisions, I actually stopped last season as VAR used properly was getting them right and when they were getting them right and it wasn't the decision I wanted or hoped for, I wasn't complaining, but this season that is not the case and as for 'our current situation' the VAR bollocks and playing to a different set of rules than all other clubs isn't the sole reason, but it has unquestionably played a massive part in it

Then there is also the wealth of evidence of non subjective VAR decisions on offsides, the Prickford foul etc, they are absolutely damning as clear match fixing, you can't get away from them, it is the same as the police and CPS having CCTV footage of someone committing a crime. How could they possibly defend the Virgil offside v the bitters? He's clearly, from every replay at least 2 yards on, other than deliberate match fixing there is no excuse or reason in their defence they can give for not correcting that decision with the replay footage in front of them

And on the Prickford foul, the FA or very obviously in the dock, for me they are with all of it, but on their review they didn't suspend him, the footage very clearly shows Prickford take his eyes off the ball and cast them instead on the player, very clearly, and then go on to deliberately foul that player. It's another bang to rights example, there's no getting away from it, for VAR or the FA review panel
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd February 2021 at 12:43 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    I'm serious
    I really do think VAR decisions must be challenged.

Making comprehensive report on all decisions through the season.

Comparing like for like decisions

VAR IS CORRUPT
    That's how the club make their case and submit it to the police and CPS for further investigation

The like for like alleged 'subjective' decisions, that are given 95% of the time in all other instances but not when the same foul is committed on one of our players amounts to clear and deliberate match fixing and the officials and the official bodies that are part of it should all face prosecution

Given the overwhelming body of evidence there is a cast iron case to be made. the club need to instruct our fabled analysis team to go about doing just that and quickly, by the end of the week

There are contractual agreements about clubs not taking certain actions against the bodies involved, they won't and can't include and restrict any club or person from going to the police and CPS if they believe a criminal offence is being committed and it most definitely is

I think the club must do it and report and allegation of match fixing to the police with a comprehensive and overwhelming documented video catalogue of it, these cunts get busted, people start squealing and rolling trying to save their own sorry hide and who knows where it ends with regards to it having happened historically, when there wasn't any CCTV/VAR to the same affect, so it could be put down to human error, all the FA and refs association are doing this season is replacing the old phrase 'human error' with a new phrase, buzz word 'subjective' it's corrupt as fuck, has been for years and we need to get these people the fuck out of English football and in prison
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 22nd February 2021 at 01:08 PM.

In many ways you are right - if indeed this is a provable conspiracy, then we should do as you suggest BUT in the real world we know how this will likely pan out. Huge money and establishment weight will be thrown at protecting the FA/Premier League at all costs. The entire reputation of the game and this nation as a whole would be at stake and we are talking revenues in the billions!

Remember in Italy these things are far more likely to come out - there have even been explicit expose's on hugely powerful mafia groups despite overt risk of death and people have lost their lives as result, but still they have persevered. Corruption in Italy is expected - it is challenged and continually fought against - here it is masked very well. Work for long enough in the city of London and you will know. You don't control half the globe without knowing how to manage what people perceive as truth.

Britain wrote the book - and we are far more skilled at hiding deep rooted corruption. Liverpool football club would be going up against the beast on this.

In many ways you are right - if indeed this is a provable conspiracy, then we should do as you suggest BUT in the real world we know how this will likely pan out. Huge money and establishment weight will be thrown at protecting the FA/Premier League at all costs. The entire reputation of the game and this nation as a whole would be at stake and we are talking revenues in the billions!

Remember in Italy these things are far more likely to come out - there have even been explicit expose's on hugely powerful mafia groups despite overt risk of death and people have lost their lives as result, but still they have persevered. Corruption in Italy is expected - it is challenged and continually fought against - here it is masked very well. Work for long enough in the city of London and you will know. You don't control half the globe without knowing how to manage what people perceive as truth.

Britain wrote the book - and we are far more skilled at hiding deep rooted corruption. Liverpool football club would be going up against the beast on this.
    The way I see it, they have already 'gone up against the beast' with their attempted power grab earlier this season, it was the game immediately after that v the bitters when this started, absolutely no question about that whatsoever

Now they've done that their only course of action is to put forward an overwhelming, catalogued and documented, water tight case to the police and CPS of match fixing, there aren't any contractual agreements that can prevent them reporting what they believe to be a crime and the evidence of deliberate match fixing or attempts to do so is overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    The way I see it, they have already 'gone up against the beast' with their attempted power grab earlier this season, it was the game immediately after that v the bitters when this started, absolutely no question about that whatsoever

Now they've done that their only course of action is to put forward an overwhelming, catalogued and documented, water tight case to the police and CPS of match fixing, there aren't any contractual agreements that can prevent them reporting what they believe to be a crime and the evidence of deliberate match fixing or attempts to do so is overwhelming
    Which would get absolutely laughed at.
    Get a grip, there's no conspiracy at all the same as there wasn't any bias towards Utd. They were just way better than everyone else.
    This kind of crap is what gets LFC laughed at and why opposition fans show so much glee when we are down on our luck.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Which would get absolutely laughed at.
    Get a grip, there's no conspiracy at all the same as there wasn't any bias towards Utd. They were just way better than everyone else.
    This kind of crap is what gets LFC laughed at and why opposition fans show so much glee when we are down on our luck.
    Steveo's talking about you

]You don't control half the globe without knowing how to manage what people perceive as truth.
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Steveo's talking about you
    Yeah ok. Your world must be very lonely.

I can see both points of view 19 and am open to either being true

Unlike tees perhaps - I do believe United were granted an abundance of what would be politely termed ‘soft decisions’ - especially at Old Trafford and especially under Ferguson. Plenty of ex pro’s and even some officials that have made that claim too.

On the claim of match fixing - I am suggesting that IF there is a provable conspiracy then in theory we should challenge it - BUT that it would still likely end in tears as the entire fabric of British sport would be thrown into question. Doping the lot. Think it would go right to the top tbh - many powerful interests would likely quash any attempt.

You don't control half the globe without knowing how to manage what people perceive as truth.
    See 'subjective' you honestly believe that 15-20 VAR reviews of major game changing decisions all going against our lads, when 95% of those alleged subjective decisions for exactly the same incident in all other games have been given the exact opposite to how the 'subjectivity' was applied when it was in our games

That's coincidence? bad luck?

You get a fucking grip, I fucking loathe our society because it's absolutely brimming with morons who believe all the crap they've spoon fed and just how incredibly fucking thick they are to be so easily manipulated and keep gleefully swallowing down their medicine, included in that is the perception you have that complaining and calling things out that pertinently aren't right and are very obviously, easily able to be documented as very suspect and wrong makes you bad, a loon of whatever

The really moronic element of it is, you believe that perception is one you have arrived at through your own volition, it isn't, it is the perception they have given you, I'm absolutely sick to death of people in this society allowing things that are entirely unacceptable to become normalised, honestly, it boils my blood