Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Harvey Elliott

Agree with everything on this thread, Millers number 10 suggestion is a good one. We lack that and need something in that central area.
    I thought Thiago was going to be that player who bridged the gap between midfield and attack but its not looking like it. All 3 of who you would call our main midfielders don't go forward enough and that means we can't break sides down easily.
    If another midfielder is brought in I'd say it needs to be a more attacking type. Bissouma as good as he looks seems more like what we already have. Not that he's arriving anytime soon but y'know?!

"Harvey Elliott has been released from Leeds General Infirmary and has returned home. He will require surgery on his left ankle in the coming days. Operation likely to be on Tuesday." - James Pearce

Hopefully we'll get a positive update in terms of the likes of ligaments etc.

The lad was on the verge of getting a start in a Champion's League game against AC Milan. They may not be a powerhouse in the present day, but that is a PROPER European tie.

Fingers and toes crossed that his recovery time is something like 3-4 months rather than 6-9. Would be absolutely huge if he could be getting minutes in a European tie in February/March sort of time. Not to mention just wanting him to play in general anyway.

Wishing him all the very best.

Hope for the best for him. Shouldn't rush him, he is just 18, football career just started.

Best of luck to him. Looked nasty

We get terrible luck with injury's to young players that are very promising the last 10 years or so, let's hope for the best in the future too.

He seems like a mature lad for his age. I can hardly think of a better environment for him when he is going through this period of months which will be difficult. You know that Jurgen, Virgil and people like Jordan and Hames Milner will be there for him.

Successful surgery on fractured ankle & damaged ligaments completed and the club expect him to return this season.

Not the worst news at all.

No, sounds about as good as we could have hoped for.

Not the worse news I guess but I suspect 5-6 months out with the vague statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    He's better than Jones
    That isn't difficult Kev, Jones is wildly overrated, too slow, physically and in speed of thought, lacks intensity and is far to stuck on the mould of a Stevie G wannabe, without anything approaching Stevie's incredible talent
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”