Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Manchester City (Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Let's give CIty and Pep some due credit, think back to how they played in 18-19 and last season and "Don't shoot Vinny" and look at how they have responded to being comfortably beaten to the title by us last season and haveadopted several elements of how we played the last 3 seasons into their game, the switches, the being more direct, the playing the percentages and how they are looking like the team we wanted and thought we'd evolve into while we've been shooting ourselves in the foot all season trying to play like City of last season, as absolutely insane and ludicrous as it sounds, that is unfortunately the weird twisted reality of our fall from grace and their rising back to the top of the pile

They are actually great to watch, I've watched a few of their games and if we don't get back to doing what we do best and evolving it a little pretty sharpish I genuinely believe they could actually do the quadruple this season, if we keep going down the wrong track as we have been doing there's no way we beat them in the Champions League, there's probably no way we make it far enough to meet them further down the line if we continue as we have been
    Looking at their recent goals of which gundogan has been central to. He’s score at least 2 goals which were balls pitched into him on the edge of the 18 yard box which his first touch to set the shot with his left foot were unreal. We don’t get midfielders into that position so while yes in some sense they have gone a bit longer and tried to mix it more I still think they play differently than we did last year. They are quality though.

Thiago is a quandary to me. To me he shouldnt start in our first 11. How do you tell a 29 year old he is not first choice? I think a decision has to be made over him.
    I feel sorry for all parties. but sometimes you have to cut your loses.I dont wanna stand still. We need to win what we can now. we dont know what things will be like when Klopp goes.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Looking at their recent goals of which gundogan has been central to. He’s score at least 2 goals which were balls pitched into him on the edge of the 18 yard box which his first touch to set the shot with his left foot were unreal. We don’t get midfielders into that position so while yes in some sense they have gone a bit longer and tried to mix it more I still think they play differently than we did last year. They are quality though.
    They set the record for pl points in a season, then pipped us to the title with another massive points tally before having an off season - largely attributed to Laportes injury.

Yet now with a pretty decent and healthy squad they are on for an 86 point season.
    Tbf probably more as they've gotten 35/39 points in their last set of games and only conceded 14 goals for the season.

Against the bus parking sides they setup their wide forwards and full backs differently to us and that get their midfielders more space. Their wide forwards still able to make inside runs.
    We make it easier for bus sides than they do.

Why did some tossers set off fireworks at HT btw?? or whenever it was

They do know it only happened in that FA CUp game because of a fan that got run over by a cop car I think? and in a Coma a 15 year old I believe

Why do people copy shit?
    Last edited by Kev0909; 8th February 2021 at 01:53 AM.

Roy Keane has apparently commented that we will have to wait another 30 years before we win the premiership again.
    Fucking hope not. I'll be 97!

all this knee jerk doom and gloom. the team is struggling and so is klopp but we will get better. let the mockers and knockers laugh, we will make them eat their words next season when we are fully functioning.

all said and done, i think the 4-3-3 has had it’s day in all fairness.

the injury crisis has shown if we have 6 key players out and/or being played out of position, it’s just not working. that kind of system is not good enough now for a potentially great team like this which wants to contest titles.

a 4-4-2 diamond with two up top is worth considering. drop the two off form attackers on the bench.

it can accomodate for an injury too if one is out for a bit.

thiago or keita as the tip of the diamond and we have fab/hendo and a new cm as rotation in cm.

doesn’t require too much outlay in the summer either.

every cloud has a silver lining and all that. setbacks and failure are just an opportunity to learn. just hope klopp and his team use this opportunity to evolve this team.

So the Glazer-owned Tampa Bay Buccaneers have won the Super Bowl in the NFL and in what could be considered a major upset over the highly favoured (going into the game) Kansas City Chiefs - in what could potentially be an ominous sign for another Glazers owned team.

So after getting our clocks royally cleaned at home by City, I now find myself in the odd situation begging them not to collapse in their chase of this title, and somehow end up gifting the title to the wrong side of Manchester, as nothing could possibly make this year worse for me as a Liverpool fan than it already is than if those Scum shites somehow end up winning the title and making it a very very good year for the Glazers.

Come on, City!!!!
    You can do it!!!

(*puke!
    Excuse me while I go shower with battery acid now)
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

It was a pretty even game all in all, they didn't actually really create anything,astonished no-one has asked the question, but how is their CB not red carded for fouling Mo? The law's very clear, deliberate foul to deny a clear goalscoring opportunity no different to Christiansen's foul on Mane v Chelsea, it isn't subjective or open to interpretation, it's a red card
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    You have to look at the jobs he has done.

Since he has left Dortmund there has only been one team who wins the league and they will keep on winning it.

Same here we might have the odd league win but whilst City/Chelsea are here to spend mental money you dont get much chance its the same in France.

Klopp is top class imo he got it wrong today but I 100% back him.
    I also back him. I was just stating the amount of trophies he has won.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    I also back him. I was just stating the amount of trophies he has won.
    I know you were but put him in charge of Bayern/City for 10 years and he is winning 8/9 titles easily.