Page 1 of 21 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

What you watched last good or bad.

I went and seen the Joker movie last night. Holy fuck what a mixed up character which was played perfect by Joaquin phoenix.It was bit of a slow burner but it got there in the end, alot may not like it being very dark but I thought it was brilliant . Definitely worth going to see.
    Godfather of Harlem, It's a prequel to the film American Gangster. A series based on the true story of Bumpy Johnson starring Forest Whitaker.
    2 episodes in but very very good.

Just saw the first season of Peaky Blinders. Brilliantly shot, well acted, but the music sounds too much like they were going for a Guy Ritchie vibe at times and failing miserably. And the storylines… oh God, the main arcs read like they were written by a twelve year old who'd read one too many pirate novels but also enjoys a good bout of blood, gore and sex.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

two series of Killing Eve, brilliant
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Really enjoyed the last couple of seasons of Fear the Walking Dead. Think it edges TWD at the moment, it's just not the same without Rick.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I went and seen the Joker movie last night. Holy fuck what a mixed up character which was played perfect by Joaquin phoenix.It was bit of a slow burner but it got there in the end, alot may not like it being very dark but I thought it was brilliant . Definitely worth going to see.
    Godfather of Harlem, It's a prequel to the film American Gangster. A series based on the true story of Bumpy Johnson starring Forest Whitaker.
    2 episodes in but very very good.
    Joker was superb.

To me Joaquin Phoenix is certainly the most Joker looking of all the portrails on TV and Film. Nicholson and Legder, whilst very good in their respective films had too round a face. Phoenix has that gaunt, pointy feel that the Joker has always had. Funnily enough, I thought he felt less like the Joker when he actually transformed into him near the end of the film. The make up somehow softened his features.

Would love to see him in good Batman film.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Just saw the Joker, thought it was pretty good. The supposed social commentary didn't hit too close to home, but it was still ok. Great performance by Joquin for sure. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ditto jozza, would love to see him and Bats. Maybe with Edward Cullen as Bruce Wayne.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Just saw the first season of Peaky Blinders. Brilliantly shot, well acted, but the music sounds too much like they were going for a Guy Ritchie vibe at times and failing miserably. And the storylines… oh God, the main arcs read like they were written by a twelve year old who'd read one too many pirate novels but also enjoys a good bout of blood, gore and sex.
    The first few seasons are good but the last couple have been meh. Boardwalk empire is similar but far superior if you haven't seen it yet

I've been meaning to try it.

However, I've relapsed into my Supernatural obsession and I'm watching Sam and Dean fight Archangel Michael form an alternate dimension with Lucifer and the Antichrist at their side.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Anyone in to the expanse?, just half way through season 2. Its amazing in my opinion.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Green Book, what a great film, true story as well.