Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread: Liverpool v Atalanta

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    now we are comparing Alisson to Keheller? Alisson makes mistakes. his kicking is terrible. but he saves shots.. theres no way he would let in the first goal. The first goal will be a common thing with Kelleher.
    Allisson gives the ball away trying to be too cute with passes or playing out the back when simply playing it direct and straight would do.

He's done that far too many times than I can count and than should be acceptable for a start.

Should we bin him too as a result?

Kelleher makes saves too.
    He had three great saves in today's game at a time when we were still in it and he kept us in it with them.
    Except you seem only too eager to forget those save and instead focus on the one glaring error he had.

Allisson probably wouldn't let in that first goal, but he'd let in other more egregious ones as he's done even in THIS season.
    Before he got injured, we actually were letting in more goals than we were when Kelleher stepped in.
    We just happened to be scoring more of our chances then which obviously papers over mistakes at the back.

But sure, ......let's just sit and pretend like Kelleher is in any way unusual or more terrible than any other goalkeeper in the making mistakes and letting in soft goals departments.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

If people are happy with Kelleher being the long term keeper so be it. don't complain about him in a year or 2 of him making mistakes over and over. because he will.
    We can do better, anyway if off to bed. night
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    thats the question. its not up to me make that decision. I think most deep down know Keheller is not a number 1 keeper..
    Its up to the club to get in an understudy that is pretty much the same quality has the first choice.. Obviously thats not easy. because all keepers wanna start. but some compromise needs to happen. I don't want Keheller being our number 1 keeper permanently.
    Two things:

You're STILL not answering the question.
    It's not up to you to make the decision, but that doesn't prevent you from having an opinion on it.

That's what we're asking to know here.
    It's all fair and well for you to lump on him as being a poor backup to Allisson, but you must be basing this decision on some comparison to someone who (you think) would make a better backup?
    So who is it?
    Consider this the umpteenth opportunity for you to answer (or ignore again) the question.

And if you can't answer it, then say so and be big enough to admit you're being unfair to Kelleher.

Secondly, if there's a goalkeeper out there who's good enough to be a starter or as good as Allisson (which seems to be your standard for what a backup should be), then why would they want to come here and understudy Allisson?
    And if you acknowledge this fact that such a goalkeeper isn't likely to be available or possible to find, then why are you judging Kelleher as a starter, instead of the backup forced into the starting lineup to flll in for the injured starter?

Kelleher is obviously not our number keeper right now as Allisson is injured.
    He is as a result of that our current starter, and as our current starter he's done an excellent job considering where we are in the league and our defensive record in that time period (second only to Arsenal who have a superior CB pairing and not their goalie).
    Especially in a year and time during which we've had to have a 21 year old as part of the defensice CB pairing in front of him and a teenager as the starting Rightback.

You can be sure that as soon as Allisson is fit again, he'll be right back to being our starting goalkeeper, and Kelleher will go back to backing him up from the bench.
    As for the future, why not let that decide itself when it gets here.
    But as an audition for the job in the future for a time when Allisson is no longer around, I think he's done pretty okay for himself with this second half of the season showing.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 12th April 2024 at 12:17 AM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Kelleher’s an excellent understudy to Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    As for the future, why not let that decide itself when it gets here.
    Nice Crimson

I’d have played 442 tonight with LCM tucking in & Robbo bombing on & RCM pushing forward more their side as I think we used this tactic in one of our other games against them when we were struggling with their tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Just telling you to stop trying to tell everyone how to speak.

Maybe that disgusting Jock who can't even work out his own language can offer you some support but please stop trying to police our thoughts.

Do your own thing what you feel about the team the club but stop telling others how to think and feel / Ok buster.
    Just for the record, when you made your first sarcastic “ oracle “ comment, on reflection, I understood the inference of the sarcasm coming my way, so I just chose not to reply.

With regards my post congratulating Atalanta, which was as per your comments was a perfect example of “ me just doing my own thing and telling it as I saw it “

You once again chose to post a second sarcastic comment, which was certainly not warranted.

Hence my comment.

In reply to your subsequent comment, and just to make myself perfectly clear, with regards my original post.

I was just trying to be super positive.. nothing more and I was certainly not trying to tell everyone how to speak, nor was I was trying to police any one's thoughts, and if it came across that way, I can only apologise, my bad.

The irony now is in one breath you are accusing me of trying police other peoples thoughts, which I wasn’t, and then in the next breath, you are telling me how I should and shouldn't behave… and ending it with a rather petulant Ok Buster, key board warrior comment, which again I must say is not warranted.

Thank you very much.

Well if we're talking irony, you presented a definition for conspiracy and then couldn't offer up if an example met the criteria of the definition, which is a bit bemusing.

Come on people, we’re all bitterly disappointed & annoyed

So the open top bus parade is off?

I think I have witnessed Jurgen’s final European game at Anfield.

That was as bad as I’ve seen in a long time, but it’s not particularly surprising. We’ve been off the boil for a couple of months at least. The players look shattered. Let’s just get this season over.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!