Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool v Real Madrid (CL Match Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Who else could we have got aside from Porto that we could have been happier with? Every club left will have wanted Liverpool as on form we were the weakest left. Real aren't that great, our poor show in the first leg was where and when the tie was lost really.
    It was a longshot us getting any further such is our situation but it is what it is. Our fully fit 11 beats that Madrid side all-day.
    Anyone but Real Madrid.

Bayern are probably the best side in Europe BUT would rather face them even than past masters Real.

Last time we played Bayern they were better than us on the ball - didn’t have their shooting boots on and we got past them: Klopp can match them up - it’s the more technical Spanish game - plus associated dark arts - that we struggle with. You can do it with players of the class of Alonso - Gerrard and Mascherano in the middle - with a lethal striker like Torres up top - but look at our midfield - fully fit v theirs fully fit. I don’t see it sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    fuck u 2. I am black and I was not playing the race card I was trying to educate those who care that it is wrong to describe a player by his skin colour unless you do it unliterally for all players.

That is the problem. It is that whole "all lives matter" shit. When black people say Black lives matter they don't say that other lives don't, they trying to highlight the injustices and prejudices in many so called civilised countries in the world. And in the case of where this slogan originated the States where there is double standards and years and years of police brutality. Basically if you racist and white you could become a cop and live out your sadistic dreams under the pretence of the law.

All white people are not racist. The racist are not really the problem it is the ones that come with that get over it bullshit don't play the race card that is the problem. Some deep down are racist but because society largely condemns it they suppress it but it comes out now and again.

So if you read my response to KopO i never said he is racist. I said I don't like to connotation and then CCTV took it further by asking what was wrong with it and that is where the convo started there was no playing the race card, but opportunity arose that a incorrect thing that is done in society should be addressed no matter how well meaning it is.
    I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    I have never seen anyone who is black or white. We are all different shades of brown.
    you should come to Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    They are still not quite white Tamsin. A very light brown with a hint of a very light blue pertimes. I persist that no-one is actually white or black.
    Curiously some of those of a lighter brown spend a lot of time and/or money trying to be of a much darker brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    Long time no see dude. Where have you been?

I have created an off-topic thread entitled 'Racism' where hopefully we can post our views and perhaps be enlightened and move forward. Hopefully it is more specific and constructive as opposed to these random postings.

Out of all the seasons not to be arsed it's this one. Good luck to whoever wins it this season.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Long time no see dude. Where have you been?
    Edited post...
    Yes indeed. Hi again Taksin!

They are still not quite white Tamsin. A very light brown with a hint of a very light blue pertimes. I persist that no-one is actually white or black.
    Curiously some of those of a lighter brown spend a lot of time and/or money trying to be of a much darker brown.
    My apologies. My attempts to exit my posts via my mobile always seem to end up deleting the post..

I should have said:

Curiously some of those of a lighter brown with a blatant racial view spend a lot of time and/or money trying to be of a much darker brown.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    u dont get it. That is the problem with society. If you say the Malian striker that is fine same as you would say Robertson the Scotish left back. U dont say Robertson the white left back. Salah the Egyptian is not the same as saying Salah the Arab player.

And as I said the fact that KopO had to mention that Marega is black could imply as CD wants me to say that the play like Marega could have a racist sub conscious under tone.

U missed it so it is cool. Maybe 20 or 200 years from now the world will get it.

Continue as you may Marega the black player, But Mount the Chelsea player. If you don't see the difference in this sentence then cool.
    I get that you are unsure as to whether or not it was a racist undertone, maybe in 20 years you might figure it out.

If I was talking about robbo as our white defender or left back it would differentiate him from our typical back line.

Salah is an arab icon.
    Mohamed Salah, who becomes the second ever Arab national to have won the Premier League, thanked his fans in "my beloved country, Egypt, and across the Arab world".
    Maybe salah was using racist undertones in thanking his fans across the Arab world.
    https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2020/6/26/mohamed-salah-thanks-arab-fans-after-winning-premier-league

Kopop identified he was talking about a Porto player and further added the position, race and nationality of the player.
    Much like Mason mount plays for chelsea, has a position in midfield, a race white and nationality-English.
    Each of these details differentiates him from other players.
    If you feel the need to ignore the fact that he used Porto player and other details that's fine, it does make you look like a race grifter though imo. Desperate to find some semblance of racism in a post where the person was clearly showing awareness of offense taken at using such terms as black to describe a black man.
    Yet you're still pondering whether it was a racist undertone in his second or third etc language.

The use of black was more appropriate than hes from Mali. It was more informative in identifying Marega. Whose a big strong black lad who worked his arse off v juve and unsettled virgil with physicality in our games v them.

Care to answer what you consider a European to be ? and who they are more racist than ?