Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Fabinho at centre back

Why have we stopped pushing the fullbacks way forward and cbs out to the touch lines when ball goes to the keeper this season.

because we playing with make shift Centre Backs all year
    You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    Why have we stopped pushing the fullbacks way forward and cbs out to the touch lines when ball goes to the keeper this season.
    We've stopped doing a great many things that won us 4 trophies, while UAE FC have adopted them and look like and play like I expected us to with a bit more creativity in midfield

Trent's recent interview with Sky Sports was very revealing, this might not be exactly correct, but to my recollection he said "We've changed quite a lot of things this season, probably too many" That's coming from one of our best players, one of Europe's best right backs of the last 3 seasons on how he's fairing having been asked to abandon a lot of what made him that in how we play this season reading between the lines
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    which one ? The one we won the Champions league and got 90+ points in the league or the one were we only won the league by February?
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    We've stopped doing a great many things that won us 4 trophies, while UAE FC have adopted them and look like and play like I expected us to with a bit more creativity in midfield

Trent's recent interview with Sky Sports was very revealing, this might not be exactly correct, but to my recollection he said "We've changed quite a lot of things this season, probably too many" That's coming from one of our best players, one of Europe's best right backs of the last 3 seasons on how he's fairing having been asked to abandon a lot of what made him that in how we play this season reading between the lines
    I dont think we can play the way we have done last 2 years.

The games are thick and fast this season plus we cant/havent been able to rotate to stay fresh.

City are the best team and this shorter season is why I backed them to win it they are the best in EPL at keeping the ball.

City have also signed Dias who is very good and Stones is also playing very well, it helps getting Walker out the team too.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I dont think we can play the way we have done last 2 years.

The games are thick and fast this season plus we cant/havent been able to rotate to stay fresh.

City are the best team and this shorter season is why I backed them to win it they are the best in EPL at keeping the ball.

City have also signed Dias who is very good and Stones is also playing very well, it helps getting Walker out the team too.
    They weren't that much better than us today, playing about near our own area and Alisson gifting them two goals is what cost us. I would rather see them win it now than United.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    They weren't that much better than us today, playing about near our own area and Alisson gifting them two goals is what cost us. I would rather see them win it now than United.
    City over the season are the better team nobody can deny that.

For 70 mins we held our own but we fell apart and we shouldnt have.

I dont like all this messing around at the back its asking for trouble and today it cost us.

Yeah we all would prefer City to win it and they will do.

Midfield was poor today as been last few games. Can't wait to see Hendo/Fabinho/Thiago play together. Disappointed Klopp didn't give Kabak game time or was Robertson injured reason Tsimaskas came on
    You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    City over the season are the better team nobody can deny that.

For 70 mins we held our own but we fell apart and we shouldnt have.

I dont like all this messing around at the back its asking for trouble and today it cost us.

Yeah we all would prefer City to win it and they will do.
    there needs to be some serious work done on that, the mindset should be "It's a mistake, reset, get back to our game plan and get ourselves level through that" we should and must remain calm, not let it affect our game plan or confidence or how we play or go all out gung ho completely forgetting the game plan as we did against Villa and Atletico second leg

Quote Originally Posted by ohcampione View Post
    Midfield was poor today as been last few games. Can't wait to see Hendo/Fabinho/Thiago play together. Disappointed Klopp didn't give Kabak game time or was Robertson injured reason Tsimaskas came on
    We've been well below our best all season, not because of the enforced absentees, but because we've completely ditched our directness tha twon us four trophies and have bizarrely tried to turn ourselves into City of last season, overpassing, overplaying and struggling to break sides down, while they have changed their game to play a lot more like us last season and alarmingly it looks like the players are doing that and not playing as direct, the one time we did leading to our equaliser, under instruction from the manager and coaching staff

Look at these 2 instances:

Ederson hits the ball straight to Mane, basically presented him with a 2v2 with both their Cbs split side and Mo for support, we've all watched Mane for 4 seasons and prior to this season, presented with such a glorious opportunity in that position, the Mane we all know who is one of the most feared and respected forwards in Europe would drive directly at the heart of that defence inbetween both CBs looking to drill it past the keeper or trusting Mo will make the right run for him to slip him in with an easy angled ball, he instead passes it wide to Trent, story of our season and our current fall from grace and the reason for it, wrong pass, not being devastatingly direct when the opportunity is there to do so and yet again a needless pass too many

Alisson hits the ball straight to Foden, he drives straight at our defence (as you would have always expected Mane to do) trusts their lad will make the right supporting run, then plays him in with a simple pass